Silly kitchen utensils

limpet

Silly kitchen utensils

Post by limpet »

Instead of making a new thread for each "clever cutter" product, I thought it would be fun with one single video thread for this.

So, I'm thinking commercial videos of silly products, not silly people pretending to be experts.

First the Clever Cutter, from my other thread.

Then we have this nice Onion Holder. Not so silly perhaps?

More on holding things, we have the Chef's Thumb. Another video where everyone acts clumsy until the get hold of this magical product.

And at last, not a silly product in itself perhaps... ;)
Kit Craft

Re: Silly kitchen utensils

Post by Kit Craft »

Funny scissors, a hair pick, a thimble and an electronic cutting board. Makes sense to me...
Organic

Post by Organic »

The onion holder thing seems like a total waste of time. If you really want even slices of something and you aren't going to do it the traditional way with a knife, just get a mandolin. Also, the people in the Chef's Thumb video look like they might need protection for more than just their thumbs with the way they're choosing to hold their food.
Altadan

Post by Altadan »

Just noticed this thread now, and to be honest, that Thimble Thumb should be a must with every mandolin that leaves the factory!
“If we conquer our passions it is more from their weakness than from our strength.”
― François de La Rochefoucauld
Cutuu

Post by Cutuu »

These are brutally fantastic. The thumb, and onion holder seem absolutely miserable to use
limpet

Post by limpet »

I think these two were posted on the old forum as well. Maybe they actually work, but they are gross and soulless, imo.

Wunder Boner

SKINZIT

However, this is a new one I think. No commercial, real use. :p
Pan Handler
Kit Craft

Post by Kit Craft »

There is just so much wrong with that first video and it has noting to do with the fish.
Chefspence

Post by Chefspence »

A walleye combine and an Iron Maiden for fish. Even if the wonder boner works, you still have to use a knife on the fish. I just see soooooo many accidents with that combine thing. Yikes!

Hehe wonder boner 8-)
Chefspence

Post by Chefspence »

Cutuu wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:22 am These are brutally fantastic. The thumb, and onion holder seem absolutely miserable to use
Not if you enjoy destroying the tips of knives
Kit Craft

Post by Kit Craft »

Chefspence wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:10 pm A walleye combine and an Iron Maiden for fish. Even if the wonder boner works, you still have to use a knife on the fish. I just see soooooo many accidents with that combine thing. Yikes!

Hehe wonder boner 8-)
He said his wife would like it... :lol:

On a serious note, you may not need a knife for the boner thing. You could just roast the fish whole. With scales and all I guess it might be a bit crude.
Cutuu

Post by Cutuu »

I hate to admit it, but the wonder boner looks a little interesting. That roller in the next video is also a little ibteresting . The pan handler box looks tedious and a pain to use.
Kit Craft

Post by Kit Craft »

Cutuu wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:06 am I hate to admit it, but the wonder boner looks a little interesting. That roller in the next video is also a little ibteresting . The pan handler box looks tedious and a pain to use.
Dude, that phrasing. I almost spit coffee all over the screen. Seriously, that thing looks like some snapped the top of the fishing rod off and ran it through the fish. It is just so brutal. :lol:
Cutuu

Post by Cutuu »

Kit Craft wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:48 am
Cutuu wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:06 am I hate to admit it, but the wonder boner looks a little interesting. That roller in the next video is also a little ibteresting . The pan handler box looks tedious and a pain to use.
Dude, that phrasing. I almost spit coffee all over the screen. Seriously, that thing looks like some snapped the top of the fishing rod off and ran it through the fish. It is just so brutal. :lol:
I feel like the commercial should be right after the Farmers only.com commercial.
limpet

Post by limpet »

Here’s more like a commercial of the Pan Handler. All commercials seem to feature smaller fish. I wonder why? ;)

And here’s some fish mousse making with Skinzit.

Imo, I think people underestimate what they would be able to do with a really sharp knife, even with not the best skills. All these contraptions just smell ”industrial” to me. As a home user, who needs this crap?
Kit Craft

Post by Kit Craft »

Cutuu wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:18 pm
Kit Craft wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:48 am
I feel like the commercial should be right after the Farmers only.com commercial.
Hah! My wife absolutely hates the farmers only commercials.
Kalaeb

Post by Kalaeb »

CharlesTeemy

Silly kitchen utensils

Post by CharlesTeemy »

Nice variety of specialty weapons Just from the looks of things - I would say that dinner doesnt have a chance

Seriously - nice work on everything Did you use a skew?