Ruike pocket knives. Seeing more and more of these.

Bullman

Ruike pocket knives. Seeing more and more of these.

Post by Bullman »

Seeing more of these lately. Not bad for the price. Lets see some of the ones yall have worked on. Keep em coming. This was finished on a 5k shapton.
20190418_185131.jpg
20190418_185131.jpg
Attachments
20190418_185041.jpg
Altadan

Re: Ruike pocket knives. Seeing more and more of these.

Post by Altadan »

I got a friend who buys knives like government-programmed assassins buy "the catcher in the rye" - when he sees it, he's gotta have it.
He brought over this handsome dammy he picked up in a thriftstore for less than one Ulysses Grant... It had a cracky chip in it. My apologies for the photos. I think I finished it on SG500
Attachments
IMG_20190217_185424473.jpg
IMG_20190217_185420062.jpg
“If we conquer our passions it is more from their weakness than from our strength.”
― François de La Rochefoucauld
Bullman

Post by Bullman »

That is a sweet knife. Beautiful edge laid and repair. Im seeing some nice knives come around for under 50 bucks now. Never thought i would see that.
nevrknow

Post by nevrknow »

I had been carrying Kershaw for quite awhile. Sharpen easily and takes a beating. But switched to bench made after acquiring a couple from a friend of mine. I still carry some kershaws in my work truck to give out to my subs that need one. Also makes their day. Also less than $40 each which makes me smile. Of course I put an edge on them so they fall all over kershaws “ factory edge” 😀
Bullman

Post by Bullman »

Amen to that nevrknow. I know how good your edges are and they put most if not all to shame. I had several banchmades but they got lost during my last move including about 10 or more of my good chef knives, talk about wanting to cry. I have had many kershaws and they work great especially for under 40 bucks. A gentleman just opened a huge knife store down from me, he has a load of pocket knives for 60 and under with good steel attached. I will be getting some soon and testing some brands ive never heard of and seen. That will be fun but first i got to restock my chef knifes i sorely miss. Will be ordering a new one from mark nexr week. Cant wait.
Altadan

Post by Altadan »

Bullman wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:38 pm That is a sweet knife. Beautiful edge laid and repair. Im seeing some nice knives come around for under 50 bucks now. Never thought i would see that.
Thanks for the kind words. I would have done a little better, and a little brighter had I not been talking with the fellow (a real storyteller). I don't sharpen nearly as well when I'm engaged with anyone else... :oops:
Posting this pic here made me curious about this Bliss knife, so I looked it up. Bliss Knifeworks claims some titles to themselves with regards to Damascus blades... anyway, the little knife up above retails for +$120... so my friends made a sweet little buy, no doubt.
“If we conquer our passions it is more from their weakness than from our strength.”
Altadan

Post by Altadan »

Bullman wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:49 pm Amen to that nevrknow. I know how good your edges are and they put most if not all to shame. I had several banchmades but they got lost during my last move including about 10 or more of my good chef knives, talk about wanting to cry. I have had many kershaws and they work great especially for under 40 bucks. A gentleman just opened a huge knife store down from me, he has a load of pocket knives for 60 and under with good steel attached. I will be getting some soon and testing some brands ive never heard of and seen. That will be fun but first i got to restock my chef knifes i sorely miss. Will be ordering a new one from mark nexr week. Cant wait.
Holy smokes! Lost that many in a move?? :cry: :shock: Lost as in, bent outta shape, or lost lost?
Either way, I'm sorry to hear!
Bullman

Post by Bullman »

Lost as in when i parked the moving van and went to get another load of stuff i got back and noticed most of my valuable things were missing. I remember putting them in my knife cases and putting them in the u haul than went to unload and most were gone. Sucks but gives me reason to spend money with mark.