Camera stinks but this one of a kind with the cleaver handle gets razor sharp

Bullman

Camera stinks but this one of a kind with the cleaver handle gets razor sharp

Post by Bullman »

Close up
Close up
20170628_222517_HDR-1.jpg
20170628_222631_HDR-1-1.jpg
Love the way these turn out. This is one of a kind with the cleaver handle unless another one was made and I was told they would not. Big beefy handle does not get slippery and my only mistake was loaning it to a chef who ran it through a industrial dishwasher. Yea won't do that again. Great cutter had about 5 years and still going daily and keeps on keeping on. Just pulled her off one of my favorite stones a forgotten one which at one time was considered the best and honestly I've yet to find a steel a Norton 8k won't work on including SG2, CPM154, S30V, ZPD189, Works real good on CPM-M4
Sometimes because its been around awhile as in the stone plus the knife is only 58-59 Rockwell does not make it a junk knife, in some cases the less brittle can save the edge from cracking or breaking. This knife has been threw 2 high volume pro kitchens in California and I'm still using her on a daily basis with zero issues. Price doesn't make it better, it might make it more beautiful, a little more edge retention, different stones used to get what you want but I've yet to see these fail. Love to see one nitrogen hardened to see what would happen. Just a thought. I think outside the box and approach things differently than most, we all march to the beat of a different drummer, does that make one better? No. It just adds diversity to the mix. Enjoy. Video tomorrow. Tomorrow you will see the different handle. Could not get into the shot