My OCD kicked in on this Hatachi Blue Shun Kirkuski.

Bullman

My OCD kicked in on this Hatachi Blue Shun Kirkuski.

Post by Bullman »

Decide to work on this a little more, still a work in progress. Already cuts paper Towel but I know she's capable of more and this was just off a 8k Yoshihiro. Plenty more to go to get her perfect or rephrase at least to my liking. Peace. Bless all.
20170629_224513_HDR-1.jpg
20170629_224651_HDR-1.jpg
20170629_230024_HDR-1.jpg
20170629_230221_HDR-1.jpg
Kalaeb

Re: My OCD kicked in on this Hatachi Blue Shun Kirkuski.

Post by Kalaeb »

How are those blue steel shuns? Never sure one in person and was always curious what the grind was like and how they performed.
Bullman

Post by Bullman »

I personally like them but like I've said I like some things others won't touch. To me its a great knife a little to polished for my taste I prefer the nijitsu finish or a rougher finished like hand hammered or Kurouchi style finish. Even the finish on the Kanso's I like. But like I said I'm different from others in many ways some differ greatly but honest opinion I don't like the super high polished ones but that's just me. Can I polish it yes but not my favorite thing to do. Its a good knife the 8 inch or 210mm and others will suit most better but I do have fun with just about every large fruit, vegetable, or large cut of beef. Worth the price? It depends on how much you like shuns. IMOP THIS AND THE KANSO'S ARE THE BEST OF THE SHUN LINE. Once again just my opinion which always varies from the group in a whole. Will I apologise for being different heck no that is what makes us unique. As we all should be. If everything was cookie cutter make, sharpened, and shined than it would be a boring job. Peace and I hope I did not vary to much from your question. Just like Forged Globals, the Forged one not the Stamped are a favorite of the Mass produced along with the Maestro Wu's which I believe never got a fair shake. Ill do a few videos with all 3 so you can see what I mean my brother. Peace and tranquility to you and yours.
nevrknow

Post by nevrknow »

Nice work as always brother.
Bullman

Post by Bullman »

Thank you neverknow, means a lot and glad you liked it.hope u have a great 4th