Limpet's knives

limpet

Limpet's knives

Post by limpet »

My thread on the old forum: http://www.chefknivestogoforum.com/limp ... t7368.html

I post a lot of photos of my knives on my Instagram account, but I've decided to start posting collection photos here as well. Well, embed IG posts, that is. So I'm going to spam this thread at first with old photos starting at the beginning of 2017.

Feel free to ask any questions about my knives, in this thread or via PM.

limpet

Re: Limpet's knives

Post by limpet »

limpet

Post by limpet »

limpet

Post by limpet »

limpet

Post by limpet »

limpet

Post by limpet »

limpet

Post by limpet »

That's it. The last photo was taken today. I decided to only post photos with at least three knives in them. ;)
nevrknow

Post by nevrknow »

Not to your level yet in terms of quantity, but on my way. Unless she catches me! I am still at the "Is that a new knife stage" not the "Oh hell, another one?" stage yet. LOL
Kit Craft

Post by Kit Craft »

How do you like the Hiromoto? Hell of a good price for a Honyaki but I don't hear much about them and what I have heard has been mixed.
Robstreperous

Post by Robstreperous »

Hey Limpet thanks for doing this.

I love that magnetic vertical knife block. Never seen anything like that. Where'd you get it?
limpet

Post by limpet »

nevrknow wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:11 pm Not to your level yet in terms of quantity, but on my way. Unless she catches me! I am still at the "Is that a new knife stage" not the "Oh hell, another one?" stage yet. LOL
Just hang in there! ;) As my kitchen cabinet suggests, I have no girlfriend, but the big problem is storage. :)
limpet

Post by limpet »

Kit Craft wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:15 pm How do you like the Hiromoto? Hell of a good price for a Honyaki but I don't hear much about them and what I have heard has been mixed.
Yup, it's mixed, as you can read in my post (and some comments from others) I did yesterday on IG.

limpet

Post by limpet »

Robstreperous wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:21 pm Hey Limpet thanks for doing this.

I love that magnetic vertical knife block. Never seen anything like that. Where'd you get it?
I presume you mean the striped one standing on the counter? It was made by a small company called Wood of Sweden, but the seem to be out of business now. Magnetic on both sides and in the middle you can let smaller knives hang straight down between the blocks of wood. Here are some old pictures.

Similar blocks come and go, but I've never seen the construction with space in the middle. I know Piotr The Bear makes magnetic blocks and maybe he could make a custom with this construction?

https://www.instagram.com/piotrthebear/

Robstreperous

Post by Robstreperous »

Beautiful collection Limpet. One of my favorites is your heavily swept hammered bunka in the 10th photo from the top. I don't recall ever seeing anything like it. Looks wicked. Almost like a scimitar. Do you use it much?
limpet

Post by limpet »

Robstreperous wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:02 am Beautiful collection Limpet. One of my favorites is your heavily swept hammered bunka in the 10th photo from the top. I don't recall ever seeing anything like it. Looks wicked. Almost like a scimitar. Do you use it much?
Well, I use it. I've got too many knives to use any single one of them "much". ;) It's the Akifusa AS Hakata 170 made by Masami Asai who passed away a couple of years ago. It's a fun little knife that looks bigger than it really is on that photo. I recently compared to another hakata made by Hinoura and posted about it twice on IG, so you can read more about it there.

limpet

Post by limpet »

A slightly weird photo angle here, but from left to right: Shigefusa Santoku 165, Wakui Gyuto 180, Shigefusa Kitaeji Gyuto 240, Moritaka Sujihiki 240 and Munetoshi Nakiri 180.

John_1979

Post by John_1979 »

@Limpet Cool knife collection. Thanks for sharing beatauful pics.
Fishman7

Post by Fishman7 »

very nice !!!
limpet

Post by limpet »

Masakage Shimo, Shibata Kotetsu AS and Anryu Hammered.

Five Yoshiaki Fujiwara knives, made by Kiyoshi Kato.

limpet

Post by limpet »

My current main knife rotating backlog. From right to left: Mazaki, Yoshiaki Fujiwara x 2, Masashi, Kashima Sanjo, Wakui, Munetoshi and Murata.