My Aizu-to stone

old onion

Re: My Aizu-to stone

Post by old onion »

Jeff B wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 11:36 pm
old onion wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 6:18 pm Just experimenting to see if I can upload a photo of my Aizu-to stone that I just received.
That's a good looking stone Ray, you guys keep just making it harder and harder to stay away from them!
I'll say one thing.With over 9,000 posts,you sure have a lot of will power. :D ...I , on the other hand am always trying for something new and maybe just to gain a new experience which takes me places where I really shouldn't go on a limited income,while being retired.But,I am like that with most things and especially with my various hobbies,of which I have many.I can give at least one opinion of this particular stone though and that is,I have no regrets in buying it.I have synthetics that have cost me more but for some reason,that I can't quite put my finger on because of my limited use with this Aizu,we have some sort of pleasant connect together.Love at first sight,so to speak.I only have done two knives with it,starting with a King 800,Kohetsu 2000 and then this stone.It gave me an edge that I just wanted to stop with.With the three finger test,it told me that it has a good set of teeth with just enough bite but yet I didn't dare to slide my fingers across the blade,knowing that I would be hunting up the band aid box.I know the few green peppers that I cut for pizza took a nice cut.
You need one. :D
Ray
Kit Craft

Post by Kit Craft »

There is a reason that people like Aizu stones. Funny thing is that most people who sell them say that they are rare yet claim that they have hundreds, or more of them. I don't know if this is a translation issue or what. However, I do know that the mine closed so maybe what is meant to be said is that this stone WILL become rare soon. Funnily it is due to its own lack of demand, which I guess is much to the case of many of these stones, honestly. Which is something I will never understand...Yeah, yeah synthetics are more practical and such...bleh.
old onion

Post by old onion »

Kit Craft wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 7:36 am There is a reason that people like Aizu stones. Funny thing is that most people who sell them say that they are rare yet claim that they have hundreds, or more of them. I don't know if this is a translation issue or what. However, I do know that the mine closed so maybe what is meant to be said is that this stone WILL become rare soon. Funnily it is due to its own lack of demand, which I guess is much to the case of many of these stones, honestly. Which is something I will never understand...Yeah, yeah synthetics are more practical and such...bleh.
Yeah, yeah synthetics are more practical and such...bleh.

Agreed ! Now if we can only convert Jeff B . :lol:
nakneker

Post by nakneker »

Jeff B is gonna buy in, you can feel it. Huh Jeff.....
“The goal is to die with memories, not dreams.”
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

old onion wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 4:03 am
Jeff B wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 11:36 pm
old onion wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 6:18 pm Just experimenting to see if I can upload a photo of my Aizu-to stone that I just received.
That's a good looking stone Ray, you guys keep just making it harder and harder to stay away from them!
I'll say one thing.With over 9,000 posts,you sure have a lot of will power. :D ...

Ray
Yea, I have been hangin' around this place for over 6 years and the only reason I've stood my ground on the naturals is money. The majority
of naturals in the past were generally very expensive and I'm a man of modest means. More money on stones is less money for knives. I've
got to say though I've been more tempted to get a natural or two in the last few months than ever before. Something tells me that I'll finally
break before the year is out! There has been a lot more talk about naturals this past year than any time I can remember since I've been here.
I think a lot of it has to do with more of the guys getting more very expensive knives and getting naturals to try and get the most out of them.
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

old onion wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 8:55 am...Now if we can only convert Jeff B . :lol:
You don't know how much closer your push here lately has gotten me to the breaking point!
Might have to start with one of those Ebay stones like you and Ben! ;)
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.