Konosuke MM

Dawgfish

Re: Konosuke MM

Post by Dawgfish »

I just received the MM last week, and am very impressed with it at first glance. It feels a lot nicer and the finish feels a lot better than the photos. The photos and video are still great, though.
thebradleycrew

Post by thebradleycrew »

I have both the FM and MM, and like the shape and cutting performance of the MM a little bit more. My example feels more blade heavy and tends to fall through food a little more. The tip feels more nimble on the FM, but for general cutting I actually prefer the MM.

I'm curious to know if anyone has compared either of these blades to the YS and if so, how they compare.
Cutuu

Post by Cutuu »

thebradleycrew wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 4:25 pm I have both the FM and MM, and like the shape and cutting performance of the MM a little bit more. My example feels more blade heavy and tends to fall through food a little more. The tip feels more nimble on the FM, but for general cutting I actually prefer the MM.

I'm curious to know if anyone has compared either of these blades to the YS and if so, how they compare.
The YS is an entirely different blade that does not have much in common with the mm. That being said, the YS is an awesome blade imo.
thebradleycrew

Post by thebradleycrew »

Is that because it's a M.Hinoura collab, and thus the KU finish and distinct shinogi? That would be my guess.
Cutuu

Post by Cutuu »

thebradleycrew wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:42 am Is that because it's a M.Hinoura collab, and thus the KU finish and distinct shinogi? That would be my guess.
Are you thinking of the MB or the YS, because the mb is the hinoura collaboration.
thebradleycrew

Post by thebradleycrew »

Yup, you are right. The MB. Thanks for clarifying. The YS is the hammered finish and the MB the KU one.