Felt blade covers!!

Info on some of the new items and services available in the ChefKnivesToGo online store.
Kit Craft

Felt blade covers!!

Post by Kit Craft »

Thanks for throwing those together, Mark. I am going to get a few sets for the knives that I have without sayas and for family and friends! Can use these as an add on to a few things I want to pick up from close out. :mrgreen:
Chefspence

Re: Felt blade covers!!

Post by Chefspence »

Indeed! I was stoked to see these. I prefer the plastic guards, but without the felt, they scratch. Genius :mrgreen:
slobound

Post by slobound »

I'm going to have to order a few of these myself!
-- Garrick
Robstreperous

Post by Robstreperous »

I thought so too. Have 2 arriving tomorrow.
supersharp

Post by supersharp »

These are perfect stocking stuffers. Thanks!
Robstreperous

Post by Robstreperous »

These things are excellent. Saved my butt actually.

My brand new Marko Tsourkan gyuto is too tall for my normal knife block slots. I have a CKTG saya cover A ... but the pin hole is too far forward tou use..

Higher end knife but I had no choice. These things are fantastic. May even like them better than sayas. No worry about pins. They release easily ... yet they're still secure. Very nice!
Cutuu

Post by Cutuu »

Robstreperous wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:16 pm These things are excellent. Saved my butt actually.

My brand new Marko Tsourkan gyuto is too tall for my normal knife block slots. I have a CKTG saya cover A ... but the pin hole is too far forward tou use..

Higher end knife but I had no choice. These things are fantastic. May even like them better than sayas. No worry about pins. They release easily ... yet they're still secure. Very nice!
Good to hear, I was excited to see these come available. Plan on getting some. The others I think may have scratched a couple of my knives. These look really nice
Robstreperous

Post by Robstreperous »

They feel really nice too. The plastic ones felt.. I don't know... chalky, scratchy... something... These fell .. soft and silky and nice...
Kit Craft

Post by Kit Craft »

Robstreperous wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:16 pm These things are excellent. Saved my butt actually.

Thanks Rob. I will have to order a few when I replace my pink brick (almost dead!) and it is in stock, finally.
HectorFuego

Post by HectorFuego »

I bought one for my Kohetsu 240 AS Gyuto. The black felt lined guards look waaay better in person than the white plastic ones. They both work great for protecting the edges of your knives, though.

Howard
jbart65

Post by jbart65 »

These are quite nice. Highly recommended.
Jeffry B
Chicagohawkie

Post by Chicagohawkie »

Careful with reactive blades and moisture. I had a cloth cover a few years ago and something moist got on the knife or cloth and it wasn’t good. Make sure stuffs dry.
Radar53

Post by Radar53 »

I just got two sets of these a few days back and they are really good. I use guards for travelling with knives and for storing knives when out of rotation & not in their boxes. I used to custom make my own out of card, double lapping the bottom to provide extra security from getting cut & they were OK, but the plastic / felt ones are now top dogs!!
Cheers Grant

Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not going to get you!!