New Stuff

Info on some of the new items and services available in the ChefKnivesToGo online store.
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

New Stuff

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

I'm going to use this thread to post new installs and new knives and pretty pictures once in a while.

Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/newarrivals.html
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Re: New Stuff

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

This one is for sale now. Check new arrivals.

Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

This should be popular. It's a lot of knife for $59.

Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
mauichef

Post by mauichef »

It looks like you have solved all my Christmas gift ideas Mark!
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

Hi Ray,

Fancy meeting you here! I didn't know if anyone would read this subforum but figured it would be nice to put some of my social media photos on here so the forum folks can see these more easily.

Hey you asked about the some background. The Harukaze SRS15 are the same as the old Richmond SRS15 with a better name. You should have old write ups for those.

The Kato nashiji have the same cladding as the Yuki and Kanehide lines. I thought a nice, VG10 stainless knife with that cladding would be of interest to some customers. VG10 is made right down the street from Takefu Village so they always have easy access to it and do a nice job with this steel in terms of heat treatment.

I heard that both Henckels and Shun went to Echizen and put a large amount of pressure on Takefu Steel to stop exporting VG10 to China and they agreed to halt shipments. Man, that's called throwing your weight around. They wouldn't even let me look in their plant. Hahahahah.
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
jdbennett101

Post by jdbennett101 »

ChefKnivesToGo wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:37 pm Hi Ray,

Fancy meeting you here! I didn't know if anyone would read this subforum but figured it would be nice to put some of my social media photos on here so the forum folks can see these more easily.

Hey you asked about the some background. The Harukaze SRS15 are the same as the old Richmond SRS15 with a better name. You should have old write ups for those.

The Kato nashiji have the same cladding as the Yuki and Kanehide lines. I thought a nice, VG10 stainless knife with that cladding would be of interest to some customers. VG10 is made right down the street from Takefu Village so they always have easy access to it and do a nice job with this steel in terms of heat treatment.

I heard that both Henckels and Shun went to Echizen and put a large amount of pressure on Takefu Steel to stop exporting VG10 to China and they agreed to halt shipments. Man, that's called throwing your weight around. They wouldn't even let me look in their plant. Hahahahah.
Mark - I appreciate the fact that you created this subforum... As somebody that does not subscribe to social media platforms, this helps with finding out about new items without having to constantly having to check out the New Arrivals page on the website. Thank you!
mauichef

Post by mauichef »

Hi Mark.
It's the first place I come after I wake up! Is that wrong?
Thanks for the info. Yes I have all the old Richmond words so no worries.
I really like the look of those new Katos, and VG-10 is a great choice for that blade. I have a soft spot for the steel. I agree...these should be popular.
Wow that is some serious buying power! Go Shun!!!!!!
Have a great weekend mate and get away from the computer for a bit....I am going for a swim with Sevin now ;)
Bensbites

Post by Bensbites »

I and sure I am not alone, but I don’t look at specific subforums, I read the “unread” version of the forum.
Lepus

Post by Lepus »

Those look a lot like the Norisada/Takayuki/Togiharu/Yoshihiro/Everyone/His Mother hammered damascus without the damascus part. I like it a lot more, and certainly at that price. That should be a good gift knife. It looks like they might have a partial tang?
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

Yes it's a partial tang. It allows them to drill into a single piece handle without using scales.
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
Lepus

Post by Lepus »

I wish more makers did that. I've liked the lower weight it brings to every knife I've tried that does.
mauichef

Post by mauichef »

I agree. Plus they really look nice :)
STPepper9

Post by STPepper9 »

Back in culinary school in the 90s we were taught to only buy full tang knives, A customer I was recently speaking with about knives said that the employees at sur la table were pushing henkels on him for this reason.
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

Lepus wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:51 pm I wish more makers did that. I've liked the lower weight it brings to every knife I've tried that does.
Me too. Also, no shrinking handle scale issues with them either.
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

Here is a new area for us. Not sure if they'll sell or not but I liked them and thought I would give them a try.

I also bought some nice knife bags from them too that will go on the site today or tomorrow.

Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
gastro gnome

Post by gastro gnome »

Big fan of aprons while cooking. I'm full up at the moment, but could consider this as a gift. Hope they do well for you.
mark76

Post by mark76 »

Are these knives on the site already? I, too, am particularly interested in the Damascus knife with the blue handle (The one on the right on the first pic.)
https://japaneseknifereviews.wordpress.com/: my blog with Japanese Knife Reviews
https://moleculepolishing.wordpress.com/: my blog about sharpening with the Wicked Edge
Kit Craft

Post by Kit Craft »

I dig that santoku as a gift for my uncle. I think that and a matching petty/paring would tickle his fancy.

That apron is nice but when it comes to such things, I am cheap. That is the cost of a koppa or even a knife!
Chefspence

Post by Chefspence »

I like this thread I will continue to check it everyday. Like I do with almost all threads. Always good to see new stuff thanks Mark!
Kit Craft

Post by Kit Craft »

Chefspence wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:48 pm I like this thread I will continue to check it everyday. Like I do with almost all threads. Always good to see new stuff thanks Mark!
I too like this thread! It is easier to follow than social media, too.