Misuzu 160mm stainless clad bunka

See what's happening with current or completed "Pass Arounds". Forum members occasionally send knives or sharpening stones around to a hand selected group of participants for short term use and feedback/reviews.
cooknola

Misuzu 160mm stainless clad bunka

Post by cooknola »

Hey. So been resting on her laurels lately. Would there be any genuinely interested pros out there that would be interested in trying this one? I know it's lower end than most of you use but it's a fun blade that deserves more attention on the line of duty.

Rules:

-Pros only preferred. Will make exceptions where
reasonable.

-5 spots to start. First come first serve. Will extend if
need be.

- Each user will get a standard 7 day week of use. Please
feel free to take her to work.

-100 post minimum. No exceptions.

-$125 min. Insured.

-comment below of interested. I'll PM when the list is
compiled.

-This is my personal knife. My usual line knife. And very precious to me. Treat her like you would your own.

-sharpen only if you know how (goes without saying.) I will put an edge on before I send it out. I would prefer it however if you would NOT thin her out. I'd prefer to do that myself.

-last note. This knife is not made for hard root veg. With the season coming in please bear that I wouldn't even think of putting this through hard squashes or other veggies myself. Proteins and things like chives, peppers, intricate and light prep are where this baby shines.

So like I said if you'd like to try this out as a line knife leave a comment. If I can't get enough interested users in a timely (to be determined by me) manner I will ask the mods to close the thread.
-C-
cooknola

Re: Misuzu 160mm stainless clad bunka

Post by cooknola »

My ongoing review for this knife.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1343
-C-
raleighcook15

Post by raleighcook15 »

I would be down if I was still on a veg station. Now that I'm meat , all I use is my filet knife and gyuto.
cooknola

Post by cooknola »

Closed
-C-