Time for another "Low-Count Passaround"?

See what's happening with current or completed "Pass Arounds". Forum members occasionally send knives or sharpening stones around to a hand selected group of participants for short term use and feedback/reviews.
Altadan

Time for another "Low-Count Passaround"?

Post by Altadan »

I vote "yes!"
“If we conquer our passions it is more from their weakness than from our strength.”
― François de La Rochefoucauld
jbart65

Re: Time for another "Low-Count Passaround"?

Post by jbart65 »

Catching the fever, eh, Dan?

Just keep posting and you can get in on passarounds. Head over to the sharpening forum. You can never learn enough about sharpening!
Jeffry B
Altadan

Post by Altadan »

True on all accounts, Jeffery.
I skipped a Koishi 210 gyuto, though. Are you proud, or disappointed? :p
“If we conquer our passions it is more from their weakness than from our strength.”
jbart65

Post by jbart65 »

I assume you mean you skipped buying one. I mentioned I have a Koishi 240. I would not get the smaller one. That's one knife I think is meant to be a 240 and not a 210.

As for trying, you should try any knife you can. The variety is ... surprising. It's amazing how such small differences can be so noticeable.
Jeffry B
Altadan

Post by Altadan »

jbart65 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:31 pm As for trying, you should try any knife you can. The variety is ... surprising. It's amazing how such small differences can be so noticeable.
This is true.
Even after having barely tried half a dozen knives, I can already tell the nuances are definitely there (not to mentioned the obvious differences).
I'm currently enjoying JDavid's Yahiko Shirogami, and even just the patina is giving me tingles, and there is the way that blade glides through food, and how it tac-tac-tacs with its long flat profile.
I'm eager to see that Kato idea of yours take off, too.

Yes, I've got a little temperature, I think.
Not too bad though. Still under control. I think I'm more enthusiastic about getting my (kitchen-loving) friends converted to Jknives, and purchase them their first, than I am about getting myself any more than what I already have.
The Shirogami IS pushing back against that restraint of mine though.

So, Mark? Any CKTG New Year's Passaround coming our way? :lol: