WTB Mazaki 240

This is a free service where you can buy and sell knives and sharpening equipment and kitchen tools. There is no fee for posting items but we require that you've made at least 30 posts on our forum before you post something for sale.
Forum rules
As stated in the description, we want to get to know you better before allowing new forum members to post items for sale. You will not be able to create topics until you reach a 30 post minimum. Please take your time and contribute to the forum discussions in a substantive way. SPAM posting to reach 30 posts is considered very bad form and could get you booted off these forums.

NOTE: If you have an item for sale and you are located outside the Continental U.S. please state your location so the buyer knows what to expect in a purchase transaction.
Post Reply
nakneker
Posts: 1276
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:37 am
Location: Taylor, Az

WTB Mazaki 240

Post by nakneker » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:16 am

With all the buzz I keep hearing about Mazaki Gyutos I’m on the hunt for a 240. I’d like to try the newer grind, the Charcoal fired one would be preferred. If you have one your thinking about selling I’d be interested. Thanks!
“The goal is to die with memories, not dreams.”

Bluenoser87
Posts: 426
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:33 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA

Re: WTB Mazaki 240

Post by Bluenoser87 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:37 am

Mine would have to be pried out of my hands! There are a bunch of different versions as I’m sure you know, but I couldn’t be more impressed with the charcoal fired “new grind” JNS version I have. So impressed that I’m just about to add a 270

Marc4pt0
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:37 am

Re: WTB Mazaki 240

Post by Marc4pt0 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:10 am

Yes, this new flame broiled irritation is quite tasty indeed.
I got the jns version right before James came out with his sweet handle & saya deal. But I tell you what, I think I may prefer the jns version based solely on the extra kanji. However, when I decided to get the best of both worlds, KNS was/ is all sold out. I was going to shoot for a 210 with the handle saya combo.

nakneker
Posts: 1276
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:37 am
Location: Taylor, Az

Re: WTB Mazaki 240

Post by nakneker » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:29 am

Bluenoser87 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:37 am
Mine would have to be pried out of my hands! There are a bunch of different versions as I’m sure you know, but I couldn’t be more impressed with the charcoal fired “new grind” JNS version I have. So impressed that I’m just about to add a 270
I may go with a 270 soon if a 240 doesn’t come around. I could have bought the 240 from JNS 3-4 weeks ago when it was in stock and hesitated. Won’t happen again, that’s for sure.
“The goal is to die with memories, not dreams.”

nakneker
Posts: 1276
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:37 am
Location: Taylor, Az

Re: WTB Mazaki 240

Post by nakneker » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:44 am

Marc4pt0 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:10 am
Yes, this new flame broiled irritation is quite tasty indeed.
I got the jns version right before James came out with his sweet handle & saya deal. But I tell you what, I think I may prefer the jns version based solely on the extra kanji. However, when I decided to get the best of both worlds, KNS was/ is all sold out. I was going to shoot for a 210 with the handle saya combo.
Just checked that out. Black handle, black Saya, looks good. I think I’m gonna try and hold out for the new flame broiled irritation and extra Kanji. I’m weak though, if KNS restocks I’ll probably succumb.
“The goal is to die with memories, not dreams.”

Marc4pt0
Posts: 459
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:37 am

Re: WTB Mazaki 240

Post by Marc4pt0 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:16 am

What's funny is when I bought mine from jns it was a Sunday. That next Monday he did his 15% off sell. I emailed to ask if that would apply to my purchase. No reply. And of course it didn't. But I still received a pretty cool knife. It's bigger than my taste, but it's such a cool, nimble blade. The 220's that clean cut offer are, in my opinion, better. And I believe they're still in stock?

That said, this thread sparked me to break out the 240 for today. Did a quick polish and edge refreshing. The polish is rough, but looked cool. So I took a couple pics. In the process I misfired a shot, but it actually looked too groovy to delete. It makes the blade look transparent, but in reality it's just a reflection.

If i'm distracting from the thread here, my apologies and I'll delete. But in the meantime, here's the above mentioned pic:
Attachments
IMG_20181206_103415_349.jpg

slobound
Posts: 631
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:45 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: WTB Mazaki 240

Post by slobound » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:32 am

Marc4pt0 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:16 am
What's funny is when I bought mine from jns it was a Sunday. That next Monday he did his 15% off sell. I emailed to ask if that would apply to my purchase. No reply. And of course it didn't. But I still received a pretty cool knife. It's bigger than my taste, but it's such a cool, nimble blade. The 220's that clean cut offer are, in my opinion, better. And I believe they're still in stock?

That said, this thread sparked me to break out the 240 for today. Did a quick polish and edge refreshing. The polish is rough, but looked cool. So I took a couple pics. In the process I misfired a shot, but it actually looked too groovy to delete. It makes the blade look transparent, but in reality it's just a reflection.

If i'm distracting from the thread here, my apologies and I'll delete. But in the meantime, here's the above mentioned pic:
I think it's a great pic!
-- Garrick

nakneker
Posts: 1276
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:37 am
Location: Taylor, Az

Re: WTB Mazaki 240

Post by nakneker » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:23 pm

Marc4pt0 wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:16 am
What's funny is when I bought mine from jns it was a Sunday. That next Monday he did his 15% off sell. I emailed to ask if that would apply to my purchase. No reply. And of course it didn't. But I still received a pretty cool knife. It's bigger than my taste, but it's such a cool, nimble blade. The 220's that clean cut offer are, in my opinion, better. And I believe they're still in stock?

That said, this thread sparked me to break out the 240 for today. Did a quick polish and edge refreshing. The polish is rough, but looked cool. So I took a couple pics. In the process I misfired a shot, but it actually looked too groovy to delete. It makes the blade look transparent, but in reality it's just a reflection.

If i'm distracting from the thread here, my apologies and I'll delete. But in the meantime, here's the above mentioned pic:
Definitely not distracting from the thread. That pic is great, here I was thinking you were intentionally clever.
“The goal is to die with memories, not dreams.”

User avatar
faverodefavero
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:14 pm

Re: WTB Mazaki 240

Post by faverodefavero » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:12 am

One of the greatest knives I ever used, really good taste.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Grandprix and 4 guests