WTB Nenox 240mm g type gyuto - CLOSED!

This is a free service where you can buy and sell knives and sharpening equipment and kitchen tools. There is no fee for posting items but we require that you've made at least 30 posts on our forum before you post something for sale.
Forum rules
As stated in the description, we want to get to know you better before allowing new forum members to post items for sale. You will not be able to create topics until you reach a 30 post minimum. Please take your time and contribute to the forum discussions in a substantive way. SPAM posting to reach 30 posts is considered very bad form and could get you booted off these forums.

NOTE: If you have an item for sale and you are located outside the Continental U.S. please state your location so the buyer knows what to expect in a purchase transaction.
kjpfo287

WTB Nenox 240mm g type gyuto - CLOSED!

Post by kjpfo287 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:17 pm

Hoping someone wanted to let a 240mm nenox g type gyuto go . I know some are available on Ai and Om but I think 357$ is a lot.... happy to pay the 250 or so they where retailing for... Thanks so much as always... email is fastest to teach men

[email protected]

Chef Peter Adams

lsboogy

Re: WTB Nenox 240mm g type gyuto

Post by lsboogy » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:38 am

What is a g type? I have a nenohi nenox with a blue bone handle, but I don't know what a g is - green handle? Nice knives but spendy and mine never comes out of the vidmar any more as I have better knives in my kit - if you want a nenox, get a Konosuke HD2 blade instead. Only drawback is the TV crowd won't know what it is

kjpfo287

Post by kjpfo287 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:40 pm

Thanks man...g type is the black micarta version and thier intro line... I have a HD 2 funayuki live that blade...As I have several outstanding j knives, I am 8n the market for a nice f and f western...sometimes in a pro kitchen you just need a good western gyuto..lol...thanks for the reply man.

Kind regards, Chef Peter

salemj

Post by salemj » Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:21 pm

kjpfo287 wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:40 pm
Thanks man...g type is the black micarta version and thier intro line... I have a HD 2 funayuki live that blade...As I have several outstanding j knives, I am 8n the market for a nice f and f western...sometimes in a pro kitchen you just need a good western gyuto..lol...thanks for the reply man.

Kind regards, Chef Peter
Nothing against the g type, but Mark does have 240mm Kono HDs with Western handles on close out for 300. Worth some consideration. I haven't used Nenox, but my impression is that the steel and grind of the HD may out perform after viewing some of the high-end Nenox at Ai and Om a few weeks ago. No idea about the g type, though—perhaps they are ground a bit thinner and have a higher heat treat.

That said these are very different knives—I don't mean to digress the thread from you WTB request!
~Joe

Comments: I'm short, a home cook, prefer lighter, thinner blades, and own mostly Konosukes but have used over a dozen brands.

lsboogy

Post by lsboogy » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:26 pm

Having Nenohi and Konosuke stuff, I would far rather jump in the Kono bandwagon. One of the best knives (and not that expensive) is my HD2 240. Mark sells stuff that works, Korin sells stuff for looks. If you have nenox money, look into a custom - my CHII blade will be joined with another soon - best cutter in my kit - can't say enough about it. Every blade is a personal thing, and I'm learning what works for me every day - nothing perfect, but I'm learning what I like

Igalor

Post by Igalor » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:43 am

I dont have a nenox, but i do have a ryusen blazen, and it is a really nice western, i have a feeling that it would outperform both the nenox and the kono hd. Also worth looking is the harukaze srs15 western, at a much lower price point, and an amazing knife too.

kjpfo287

Post by kjpfo287 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:30 pm

Thanks Guys....went ahead and got a kono western 240 hd 2...cant go wrong thier ...thanks for all the insite

MODS PLEASE CLOSE.