WTS Tansu , Fuji FM, Shig 180 ku nakiri

This is a free service where you can buy and sell knives and sharpening equipment and kitchen tools. There is no fee for posting items but we require that you've made at least 30 posts on our forum before you post something for sale.
Forum rules
As stated in the description, we want to get to know you better before allowing new forum members to post items for sale. You will not be able to create topics until you reach a 30 post minimum. Please take your time and contribute to the forum discussions in a substantive way. SPAM posting to reach 30 posts is considered very bad form and could get you booted off these forums.

NOTE: If you have an item for sale and you are located outside the Continental U.S. please state your location so the buyer knows what to expect in a purchase transaction.
Cutuu
Posts: 3231
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:00 pm

WTS Tansu , Fuji FM, Shig 180 ku nakiri

Post by Cutuu » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:43 pm

Want to get a piece of music equipment, so here are some of my beloved up for sale.

Tansu 250 SC125 honyaki gyuto

I got this from Mert at the blade show last year. Love this knife it goes through everything great. Great distal taper with phenomenal tip, super whispy through onions, confident through dense product without wedging. I have another honyaki from him and honestly don't know which to sell, put I'm putting this one up for now. $950 includes PayPal, shipping. Sharpened gently one time. Arizona ironwood handle, original handle for the knife by Mert comes with black bag.

Edge length: 240

Next 240 Fuji FM blue khii ebony handle. I asked for the one with the nicest distal taper. Kanji is a little light in the front. Never sharpened, lightly stropped once. These are grossly underated imo. IfI didn't have a funyaki one, I wouldn't sell. It's one of the purest cutters I've come across. Anyways, since it's underated I'll take a hit on it $395, includes says, shipping, PayPal fees, original box.

Last but not least, shig 180 ku nakiri stropped but never sharpened. It's my favorite grind of the three shig nakiris I've used. It has some concavity towards the spine and a little thinner than the others I used. It goes through dense product better imo/experience. $350 all in. I have original box with it. All shipping is conus.

http://imgur.com/gallery/yfyY3rl

I'll post more pics, just want to get the add up before it accidentally gets deleted or something :) .

Cutuu
Posts: 3231
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: WTS Tansu , Fuji FM, Shig 180 ku nakiri

Post by Cutuu » Tue Aug 13, 2019 3:54 pm


User avatar
mauichef
Posts: 2961
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:10 pm
Location: Maui, Hawaii
Contact:

Re: WTS Tansu , Fuji FM, Shig 180 ku nakiri

Post by mauichef » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:50 pm

Buy the damn FM someone. It is absolutely one of the finest knives made...period!!!!

nakneker
Posts: 1941
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:37 am
Location: Taylor, Az

Re: WTS Tansu , Fuji FM, Shig 180 ku nakiri

Post by nakneker » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:00 pm

That's a deal on the FM and the Tansu, I already own one of each and both of them are great knives. Great prices and a solid seller, win win!
“The goal is to die with memories, not dreams.”

User avatar
mauichef
Posts: 2961
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:10 pm
Location: Maui, Hawaii
Contact:

Re: WTS Tansu , Fuji FM, Shig 180 ku nakiri

Post by mauichef » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:47 pm

Been wanting a Mert for ever...but no funds right now!
Please remove the temptation someone.

Cutuu
Posts: 3231
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: WTS Tansu , Fuji FM, Shig 180 ku nakiri

Post by Cutuu » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:26 pm

Shig sold

Cutuu
Posts: 3231
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: WTS Tansu , Fuji FM, Shig 180 ku nakiri

Post by Cutuu » Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:28 pm

mauichef wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:47 pm
Been wanting a Mert for ever...but no funds right now!
Please remove the temptation someone.
It's a nice one Ray. Im thinking hard about putting up my YS. If that and the Fuji we're to sell, I could go ahead and withdraw to save you the temptation ;) .

User avatar
mauichef
Posts: 2961
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:10 pm
Location: Maui, Hawaii
Contact:

Re: WTS Tansu , Fuji FM, Shig 180 ku nakiri

Post by mauichef » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:44 pm

Cutuu wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:28 pm
mauichef wrote:
Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:47 pm
Been wanting a Mert for ever...but no funds right now!
Please remove the temptation someone.
It's a nice one Ray. Im thinking hard about putting up my YS. If that and the Fuji we're to sell, I could go ahead and withdraw to save you the temptation ;) .
Ramon, you are a true friend!

Cutuu
Posts: 3231
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: WTS Tansu , Fuji FM, Shig 180 ku nakiri

Post by Cutuu » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:31 pm

Bump

Cutuu
Posts: 3231
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: WTS Tansu , Fuji FM, Shig 180 ku nakiri

Post by Cutuu » Wed Aug 14, 2019 5:26 pm

If someone buys the fuji fm like now, ill do $375.

Cutuu
Posts: 3231
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: WTS Tansu , Fuji FM, Shig 180 ku nakiri

Post by Cutuu » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:42 pm

Special time has passed. I'm still selling but original ad price $395 all in.

delmar
Posts: 1114
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:59 pm

Re: WTS Tansu , Fuji FM, Shig 180 ku nakiri

Post by delmar » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:42 pm

Got a choil shot on the FM? Curious as to how the relief looks on yours.

Cutuu
Posts: 3231
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: WTS Tansu , Fuji FM, Shig 180 ku nakiri

Post by Cutuu » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:24 pm

delmar wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:42 pm
Got a choil shot on the FM? Curious as to how the relief looks on yours.
My bad man. I missed this. I'm out of town, so I can't post one now. And I'll be honest I'm not to worried about selling these now. Ill try and post a shot, when I get back just so you can compare.

delmar
Posts: 1114
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:59 pm

Re: WTS Tansu , Fuji FM, Shig 180 ku nakiri

Post by delmar » Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:28 am

No worries. I already own a couple fms. These pack quite a wallop. Considering back ups.

Now if you'd consider selling the the funi, I would make it worth your while.

User avatar
mauichef
Posts: 2961
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:10 pm
Location: Maui, Hawaii
Contact:

Re: WTS Tansu , Fuji FM, Shig 180 ku nakiri

Post by mauichef » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:40 am

delmar wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:28 am
No worries. I already own a couple fms. These pack quite a wallop. Considering back ups.

Now if you'd consider selling the the funi, I would make it worth your while.
FM love ....is real love 8-)

Cutuu
Posts: 3231
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: WTS Tansu , Fuji FM, Shig 180 ku nakiri

Post by Cutuu » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:40 pm

delmar wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:28 am
No worries. I already own a couple fms. These pack quite a wallop. Considering back ups.

Now if you'd consider selling the the funi, I would make it worth your while.
We're you able to land one of those recent funis?.. Bump

Cutuu
Posts: 3231
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: WTS Tansu , Fuji FM, Shig 180 ku nakiri

Post by Cutuu » Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:40 pm

mauichef wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:40 am
delmar wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:28 am
No worries. I already own a couple fms. These pack quite a wallop. Considering back ups.

Now if you'd consider selling the the funi, I would make it worth your while.
FM love ....is real love 8-)
True dat!

delmar
Posts: 1114
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:59 pm

Re: WTS Tansu , Fuji FM, Shig 180 ku nakiri

Post by delmar » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:27 pm

Cutuu wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:40 pm
delmar wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:28 am
No worries. I already own a couple fms. These pack quite a wallop. Considering back ups.

Now if you'd consider selling the the funi, I would make it worth your while.
We're you able to land one of those recent funis?.. Bump
Yep. Grabbed one. Great profile.

Cutuu
Posts: 3231
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: WTS Tansu , Fuji FM, Shig 180 ku nakiri

Post by Cutuu » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:44 pm

delmar wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:27 pm
Cutuu wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:40 pm
delmar wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 9:28 am
No worries. I already own a couple fms. These pack quite a wallop. Considering back ups.

Now if you'd consider selling the the funi, I would make it worth your while.
We're you able to land one of those recent funis?.. Bump
Yep. Grabbed one. Great profile.
Good for you man, happy for you. I really, really, like mine, but I can't say the profile is very flat or any "better/preferred" than my regular FM. The reason I prefer it a little more than the regular is it's just a little bigger and ends up getting ever so slightly thinner at the tip, with just a hair more distal taper.

Cutuu
Posts: 3231
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:00 pm

Re: WTS Tansu , Fuji FM, Shig 180 ku nakiri

Post by Cutuu » Fri Oct 18, 2019 12:05 am

$100 price drop on the Tansu putting it at $850. This is a whole lot of honyaki for the cash. The grind is fantastic along with the fit and finish, and handle. A workhorse that's thin behind the edge goes through root veg, also everything else, wonderfully! This went for over $1100 and it's still pretty new. Been chilling in my drawer most of the time, because I've been busy.

Post Reply