WTS/WTT: Dalman, DT, Shig, Marko

Here you can research prices of sold items.
e.chou

WTS/WTT: Dalman, DT, Shig, Marko

Post by e.chou »

Hi CKTG!

So, I seem to have gotten myself into quite the predicament... I have totally overspent my knife budget on some new customs! :lol: :oops: (I'll post some pics later.) With a Kippington, Dalman, and Rader on the way, I have to let go of a few things in my collection. I will also consider trades if you are interested.

1. Robin Dalman 210 AEB-L gyuto - SOLD!

This 210 AEB-L gyuto sports a masur birch handle treated with a light coat of tru-oil, with a reindeer antler ferrule, and comes in Robin's "standard" grind. This was a short-lived grind he used while transitioning between his classic s-grind and his newer triple concave grind. Maybe only one or two batches were made. It has nice distal taper and Robin's awesome heat-treat on AEB-L. Light use, but unsharpened.

Length: 207mm (I measured in a straight line from heel to tip, so the actual cutting length is slightly longer)
Height: 49mm
Weight: 172g

2. Marko Tsourkan 210 AEB-L gyuto - $325

I picked this one up on the forum second-hand a few years ago, but ended up not using it so much. Maybe only one or two light prep sessions on some veggies. It is a little shorter, but very svelte and comfortable in hand. Sports a cascara handle with some really pretty chatoyancy in the wood. It does have a tiny bit of handle wear and tear that was not disclosed to me when I purchased it, and for that reason, I am discounting it a bit below what I paid originally.

Length: 207mm
Height: 46mm
Weight: 176g

3. Shigefusa Kitaeji 255mm Yanagiba BNIB - $1150

What's there to say about this? A picture is worth 1000 words :D Ho wood handle and buffalo horn ferrule, with particularly nice kanji and damascus pattern (IMO).

4. Devin Thomas ITK 210mm AEB-L gyuto - $650

This one is also second-hand, but was polished up a bit right before I purchased it. A great example of Hoss's work, with his usual excellent heat treatment on AEB-L - if I didn't have some more exotic DTs I wouldn't be inclined to let this go. I'm not exactly sure what the handle material is, possible cocobolo or bocote. Comes with a saya, that I believe is made of walnut.

Length: 210mm
Height: I want to say 52mm, but don't quote me on that. I took measurements but I lost my notes :lol: If you are interested, pm me and I can take more detailed measurements
Weight: Per above

That's it for now! I have a few others I will try to release after I can take some pictures and measurements. Thanks for looking!
JustinP

Re: WTS/WTT: Dalman, DT, Shig, Marko

Post by JustinP »

Dang, those are some sweet blades. GLWS
Gogogo545

Post by Gogogo545 »

Holy moley! That is a nice collection. Wonder what the customs are 😱
ashy2classy

Post by ashy2classy »

Great knives. GLWS!!!
TheVincenzo

Post by TheVincenzo »

If that Dalman comes off of hold without the person picking it up, I'll buy it.
e.chou

Post by e.chou »

Dalman SPF - sorry about that :oops:

I'll post pics of the new acquisitions soon :D
e.chou

Post by e.chou »

Dalman is sold and soon on its way to a new home! Sad to see it go :( but I'm sure the new owner will really enjoy it :D

As an aside, if there are any mods out there, is there a way to edit my original post (to update sale status, etc.)? I was initially able to edit, but it seems to be locked in now...
Last edited by e.chou on Tue May 28, 2019 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thebradleycrew

Post by thebradleycrew »

Gorgeous knives, all of them. Glad you have some nice replacement ones on the way!