WTS: Yoshimune White No. 1 240 gyuto - SOLD!

Here you can research prices of sold items.
jbart65

WTS: Yoshimune White No. 1 240 gyuto - SOLD!

Post by jbart65 »

Yoshimune White No. 1 240 gyuto

Height: 51 mm
Weight: 6.9 oz
Blade length: 239 mm

Asking: $125 Conus (Paid $240)

The backstory: I was sharpening this a few months ago, and before I knew it, I was thinning and such. In the process I marred the finish (impatient, et al).

This really was not the knife to fuss with and I don’t know why I did. I had to sand the blade afterward to get it looking pretty good again.

It still doesn’t cut quite the way I want to. The edge gets extremely sharp, but it doesn’t flick through onions or slice thick carrots as I would like, though separation is very good.

It’s also a little bigger and longer than I like - more of a workhorse - based on my evolving preferences. This is the second Yoshi I've owned, however, and I'd probably add the 210 to my collection. It's a unique and unique looking knife.

In any case, I’m putting it up for sale at a steep discount. Anyone good with stones would be getting a great knife for about half price. If it doesn’t sell, I’ll send to Chris or someone to redo the blade for me.

The handle has also been treated with Tru Oil. The stock handle was too rough to be left alone.

Jeffry B
Carlo

Re: WTS: Yoshimune White No. 1 240 gyuto

Post by Carlo »

What a deal. If I didn’t own it’s twin I’d snap it up in a hot second. Definitely a workhorse ...and a good knife for the next zombie apocalypse.
jbart65

Re: WTS: Yoshimune White No. 1 240 gyuto

Post by jbart65 »

Sold.
Jeffry B