WTS Arkansas Black 8x2 and Naniwa SS 10k

Here you can research prices of sold items.
Barashka

WTS Arkansas Black 8x2 and Naniwa SS 10k

Post by Barashka »

Hello,
I have two stones that I don't end up using as much these days:

Arkansas Black 8x2 - Asking $60
- Arkansas used 4 times
- My caliper shows 13.5mm left .. which is more than 1/2 inch it's supposed to be .. maybe they run a little thick.
- Wanted to try "natural" stone feel, and it's very nice, is really hard, but I find I gravitate towards my SG(s).

Naniwa Super Stone 10k - Asking $60
- Used twice
- 10mm, though my caliper shows 10.5 .. maybe due to glue? or maybe my thing isn't that accurate, or maybe they are a little thicker as well.
- Comes with base, I don't like the base, though probably safer that way, but messes with my stone storage system ...
- Wanted to try the high grit soft stone, and it's smooth and silky, feels nice, but I find I gravitate towards my SG(s).

If you buy as a bundle, I'll drop together for $100.

(not listed is Shapton Glass 6k, that I'm very on the fence about, as I have other SG(s), and if you want that as part of the deal, we can talk).

SSuchan

Re: WTS Arkansas Black 8x2 and Naniwa SS 10k

Post by SSuchan »

Anyone who hones razors - the 10k makes a great finisher or pre-finisher. GLWS!
Altadan

Post by Altadan »

What? These are still here?

I've wanted to try an Arkensas stone for so long, and never got around to order one in. Have you put jknives on this one?
“If we conquer our passions it is more from their weakness than from our strength.”
― François de La Rochefoucauld
Barashka

Post by Barashka »

I tried Arkansas on my white 1 funayki and Kurosaki Fijun (others where zKramer and Dalman) .. felt really hard, but smooth, nice subtle feedback, slower then SG, but still pretty good (more time to correct any mistakes I might be making).
This is my first, and only, natural stone. This kind of behavoiur seems to be their thing .. which is why I bought it, just to try stuff. I end up reaching for SG for the speed.

SS 10k is like silk ... I kinda worry about cutting into it, but feels smooth like silk too. I was on the fence about that one.
Barashka

Post by Barashka »

Arkansas black sold.