WTS Shun Premier 8" Chef

This is a free service where you can buy and sell knives and sharpening equipment and kitchen tools. There is no fee for posting items but we require that you've made at least 30 posts on our forum before you post something for sale.
Forum rules
As stated in the description, we want to get to know you better before allowing new forum members to post items for sale. You will not be able to create topics until you reach a 30 post minimum. Please take your time and contribute to the forum discussions in a substantive way. SPAM posting to reach 30 posts is considered very bad form and could get you booted off these forums.

NOTE: If you have an item for sale and you are located outside the Continental U.S. please state your location so the buyer knows what to expect in a purchase transaction.
Altadan

WTS Shun Premier 8" Chef

Post by Altadan » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:35 pm

I'm looking to sell and make room on the magnet strip (and in the wife's heart and mind) for a knife with a different profile.
Price 145$, paypal and shipping to the lower 48states included.

What can I say? It's a great merge of Eastern cutting abilities, and Western handling.
Besides the beautiful eye-candy and pride of possession this knife gives, it also perform like a fiend. As Shun advertises, the tsuchime hammer-finish really does aid in food release. The VG10 cuts beautifully, and holds its edge well.
The blade is very thin behind the edge, and reaches a wispy-thin tip. It's got height at 51mm, with plenty of knuckle-clearance, and a very comfy oval handle that fills the hand and inspires confidence.
While the whole knife comes in at 7.5oz (214g), the blade itself is nimble.

It's in good condition - handle is flawless, straight and whole from heel-to-tip, and outside of a few small lines and scuffs that came with use and sharpening its unblemished (see photos).
https://plus.google.com/collection/Eea_TE
OR
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1129 ... 3pmCyeXRIw

Altadan

Re: WTS Shun Premier 8" Chef

Post by Altadan » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:59 pm

In the interest of widening my acquaintance with the j-knives' world, I would consider trading-in too

Altadan

Post by Altadan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:55 pm

Bump, and price a last price reduction - 135$

Also, they say Shuns are great performers, but have better competitors <in their price range> (so they say, at least). This Shun, however, is at a much lower price - so get it, and help a brother expand ;) . I can wholly confirm this Shun is a great performer (gets through the sweet potatoes beautifully, not to mention onions, shrooms etc).
Attachments
Capture7.JPG
Capture6.JPG
Captur5e.JPG
Capture4.JPG

Altadan

Post by Altadan » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:50 pm

Bump

Bob Z

Post by Bob Z » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:16 pm