Wusthof Ikon 10" "Super Slicer"

Here you can research prices of sold items.
Chefspence

Wusthof Ikon 10" "Super Slicer"

Post by Chefspence »

Product page
https://www.williams-sonoma.com/m/produ ... er-slicer/

Ok. Had this knife for a while. It's still plenty alive and kickin. I don't think the scalloped edge will ever die. Fantastic bread knife! problem is, I almost never cut bread, and if I do I have other options. I've used it to cut many things and it does great. Again, more of a drawer queen anymore, and why do that to it. It has some wear of course. The scalloped edge could...could be given some attention, but I don't find it necessary. The screening of the logo is worn off, but you can still see the id on the blade. There's of course some cheap options for bread knives on cktg and i know I'll never get a good return on this one, but that's how things go I guess. 65$ shipped and PayPal friended please.
IMG_1362.JPG
IMG_1361.JPG
IMG_1360.JPG
IMG_1359.JPG
Chefspence

Re: Wusthof Ikon 10" "Super Slicer"

Post by Chefspence »

Bump for the weekend, down to $60
Chefspence

Post by Chefspence »

Well I thought it was a good deal. Bump down to $55 and see if it will sell this week :?
Chefspence

Post by Chefspence »

Ok let's do 50$. Still a good knife. Someone please support my knife habit. :D
Chefspence

Post by Chefspence »

Midweek bump
Chefspence

Post by Chefspence »

Weekend bump still $50. Quite the deal from what this originally was. Also stiffer than the Tojiro bread knife, so if want something not so flexy and darn cheap, this is the one for you. I think I'll take this off sale after the weekend. Thanks for looking
Chefspence

Post by Chefspence »

Should I give up hope?
Chefspence

Post by Chefspence »

$40... anyone...Bueller...
fujiyama

Post by fujiyama »

I can’t believe this hasn’t sold. The “Super Slicer” sounds lame but it’s one of the best bread knives I’ve ever used (they sell this in various styles with different handles). I have compared it to my Tojiro ITK, and while they are both very impressive, I would choose this in a heart beat considering the value. I’ve already picked up the Wusthof Pro version, so GLWS!
Chefspence

Post by Chefspence »

fujiyama wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:41 pm I can’t believe this hasn’t sold. The “Super Slicer” sounds lame but it’s one of the best bread knives I’ve ever used (they sell this in various styles with different handles). I have compared it to my Tojiro ITK, and while they are both very impressive, I would choose this in a heart beat considering the value. I’ve already picked up the Wusthof Pro version, so GLWS!
I know! It's not flexy like the Tojiro. I've gone back and forth on whether I should sell or keep
fujiyama

Post by fujiyama »

I’ve noticed the Tojiro has flex too, along with bad F&F on the handle. It’s a cool Japanese knife but the Wusthof is hands down a better product in my opinion.

I keep at least two bread knives, one for my kit and one for home; so it’s never a bad idea to have it your disposal.
Chicagohawkie

Post by Chicagohawkie »

I just don’t think bread knives have much following. Coupled with the fact that you can go to outlet malls and home goods places that sell at a discount and find bins of fairly decent bread knives selling for like 10 bucks. In 5-6 years of owning mine I may have used it once. Good luck all the same.
Chefspence

Post by Chefspence »

Maybe. I personally like a good bread knife. I think I'll just keep it. Mods please close.
jbart65

Post by jbart65 »

I use a bread knife quite often. Just depends on how much bread one uses or eats. I make hard crusty loves that would kill the edge of a J knife. I also make homemade croutons a lot for salads.
Jeffry B
Chefspence

Post by Chefspence »

jbart65 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:00 am I use a bread knife quite often. Just depends on how much bread one uses or eats. I make hard crusty loves that would kill the edge of a J knife. I also make homemade croutons a lot for salads.
Sometimes I use it for more than that when I'm jut feeling lazy or don't want to wear out my good edges. Indespensible i think
mauichef

Post by mauichef »

Chefspence wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:02 pm
jbart65 wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:00 am I use a bread knife quite often. Just depends on how much bread one uses or eats. I make hard crusty loves that would kill the edge of a J knife. I also make homemade croutons a lot for salads.
Sometimes I use it for more than that when I'm jut feeling lazy or don't want to wear out my good edges. Indespensible i think
I guess we eat a lot of bread as our Tojiro ITK is one of the most used knives we own on a daily basis.
I think that Wusthof is a beauty and I'd buy it if I didn't own the Tojiro.