FS Forgecraft Beginner knives, Tojiro DP, Tojiro 180 shirogami gyoto

Here you can research prices of sold items.
PappaG

FS Forgecraft Beginner knives, Tojiro DP, Tojiro 180 shirogami gyoto

Post by PappaG »

Forgecraft Beginner knives, Tojiro DP, Tojiro 180 shirogami gyoto

I bought all of these forgecrafts to practice sharpening and thinning. These are great great knives for a beginner. I’m ready to move on to more expensive knives. If you are still scared to sharpen one of your expensive knives, get one of these to practice on. Forgecrafts were made in the 50s and 60s from saw mill blades. Hi Carbon and unless otherwise noted hickory handles. Great knives to practice on. I’d prefer to sell the entire forgecraft group, but that may be wishful thinking. I’ll mention a little about each one.
I also have a Tojiro DP Nakiri and a Tojiro Kurouchi finish, gyoto, 180mm shirogami steel.
Pictures are here.

There are 8 total forgecrafts. I’m describing them from top to bottom.

1. This forgie slicer has a great grind. After you handle a lot of Forgie’s you notice that some have better grinds then others. Spine has been rounded. Practiced thinning and sharpening many times on this one but still plenty of meat. Sharpens easily. $22 shipped all in.

2. Standard forgie slicer. Has pitting towards tip that I could not get out w/sandpaper. With more thinning and sharpening it can be removed. Spine has been rounded. Practiced thinning and sharpening many times on this one but still plenty of meat. $22 shipped all in.

3. This one has only been sharpened one. Handle has been refinished and sanded. Nice first forgie. $22 shipped all in.

4. I’ve done the most work on this. Thinning and spine rounded. My first Rehandle from top to bottom with koa and a blue spacer. Learned a lot from working it. This one is the thinnest, but still plenty of meat on this blade to continue thinning and sharpening. $50 shipped all in.

5. My very first forgie and first Wa Handle conversion slicer Fit and finish a little rough, but lot of fun working on this one. Lots of room to continue sharpening thinning etc. Spine rounded. $22 shipped all in.

6. Same as 5 above, but this is a forgie boning knife. $17 shipped all in.

7. Another boning knife. Spine rounded. This one is similar to 1 as is a really nice grind. $17 shipped all in.

8. Forgie Butcher. This one is similar to 3 above. Nice handle and only sharpened once. $30 shipped.
Will sell all for $130 shipped.

9. 180 mm Tojiro shirogami gyoto, Kurouchi finish. Also a great first knife. Very reactive. Super easy to sharpen. Makes you think you are a better sharpening then you are. $55 shipped. Sharpened a few time, but have not really used a lot. Mostly to practice.

10. Tojiro Nakiri DP. Great first Nakiri. V10 steel. Really think out the box. I’m a big fan of this knife. $42 shipped.

PM me if interested. Thanks.
PappaG

Re: FS Forgecraft Beginner knives, Tojiro DP, Tojiro 180 shirogami gyoto

Post by PappaG »

#3 is sold. Would sell the remaining 7 Forgecrafts for $110. I also have two nice tojiro's for sale. see pics.

Thanks.
keithmarder

Post by keithmarder »

These are some very affordable prices
PappaG

Post by PappaG »

Quick bump. Great beginners knives to practice on if you are still too nervous about sharpening your good knives from Mark.
mauichef

Post by mauichef »

PM sent