WTT/WTS Mizuno tanrenjo cleaver

Here you can research prices of sold items.
Igalor

WTT/WTS Mizuno tanrenjo cleaver

Post by Igalor »

Hi guys
Up for trade/sale is my mizuno tanrenjo cleaver. 210 on the edge, 94mm at its tallest, clocks in at 414 gr.
This one has been used a couple of times at work, sharpened once, as it came with out an edge.
It has a workhorse convex grind that goes up to about an inch and a half which then turns into a sort of romboid, with a little bump like the one you see in the fujiyamas, or maybe a takeda, the separation and food release is very good.
There is quite a bit of belly on this one, but I didn't find it an issue in use.
The steel is mizuno's blue 2, it gets very sharp rather easy, feels quite hard on the stones, and really, in conjunction with the muscular convex grind, inspires a ton of confidence.
The handle is an old school Chinese barrel handle, very comfortable and not flashy at all.
The knife is great, but it really doesn't suit my style. I'd be looking for maybe a thinner lighter cleaver, a cool gyuto or suji, I don't know what else.
If this doesn't move I'll probably modify it heavily to suit my preferences, but this is a really well made knife, and I'm sure it suits someone else just fine.
The trade value will be 380. The sale we can talk, but less than that for sure

Thanks
Ivan