WTS: Anryu AS Nakiri; Togiharu 270 suji; Tojiro Fujitora 240 Western Deba

This is a free service where you can buy and sell knives and sharpening equipment and kitchen tools. There is no fee for posting items but we require that you've made at least 30 posts on our forum before you post something for sale.
Forum rules
As stated in the description, we want to get to know you better before allowing new forum members to post items for sale. You will not be able to create topics until you reach a 30 post minimum. Please take your time and contribute to the forum discussions in a substantive way. SPAM posting to reach 30 posts is considered very bad form and could get you booted off these forums.

NOTE: If you have an item for sale and you are located outside the Continental U.S. please state your location so the buyer knows what to expect in a purchase transaction.
btbyrd

WTS: Anryu AS Nakiri; Togiharu 270 suji; Tojiro Fujitora 240 Western Deba

Post by btbyrd » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:24 pm

Clearing out some things I don't use or have duplicates of. All prices include domestic shipping via USPS Priority.

Anryu AS 165mm Nakiri with D-shaped ebony/rosewood handle and magnolia saya: Paid $240 from Seisuke Knife; asking $170.
Togiharu 270mm hollow ground sujihiki with saya: Paid $225 from Korin; asking $175.
Tojiro Fujitora 240mm VG10 Western Deba NEW IN BOX: New price: $150; Asking $130.

The Anryu nakiri was used a few times and sharpened once using an Edge Pro. It's very close to its factory condition. A nice knife, but I've discovered that I'm not much of a nakiri person.
The Togiharu sujihiki was used once to break down a whole salmon. It hasn't been sharpened and the edge could benefit from honbadzuke. It has the 270mm saya from Korin that was stained blue with water-based product.
The Tojiro western deba is brand new. This is a very fun blade -- a knife so nice, I bought it twice (just to try out handle options). The Tojiro Fujitora has the same blade as the Tojiro DP 240 western deba, but with a lighter all-stainless steel handle. I have both versions and actually prefer the feel of this one, but the DP's handle more closely resembles my other butchery knives so I'm selling this one. If you haven't seen Rick Theory's videos using the Tojiro western deba, they're worth checking out.

btbyrd

Re: WTS: Anryu AS Nakiri; Togiharu 270 suji; Tojiro Fujitora 240 Western Deba

Post by btbyrd » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:25 am

Bump for western deba pics. The one for sale has the stainless handle.

Brand new, and I don't need two.

btbyrd

Post by btbyrd » Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:43 pm

Bump.

kw2336

Post by kw2336 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:38 am

Anryu Nakiri still available?

btbyrd

Post by btbyrd » Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:14 pm

Anryu nakiri and Tojiro deba sold; Tojiharu suji still available.