Konosuke White #2 Fujiyama No. 6 Cleaver - FOUND!

Here you can research prices of sold items.
gladius

Konosuke White #2 Fujiyama No. 6 Cleaver - FOUND!

Post by gladius »

If anyone has one to sell, let me know. Thanks.
Jeff B

Re: WTB: Konosuke White #2 Fujiyama No. 6 Cleaver

Post by Jeff B »

Does the acronym in the title stand for "Willing To Beg"? :mrgreen:
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
pd7077

Post by pd7077 »

Jeff B wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:38 pm Does the acronym in the title stand for "Willing To Beg"? :mrgreen:
You, sir, win comment of the month!!! :lol:

Gladius, if for some reason I don’t end up connecting with mine, you will he the first person I contact 👍🏻
--- Steve
inzite

Post by inzite »

pd7077 wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:43 pm
Jeff B wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:38 pm Does the acronym in the title stand for "Willing To Beg"? :mrgreen:
You, sir, win comment of the month!!! :lol:

Gladius, if for some reason I don’t end up connecting with mine, you will he the first person I contact 👍🏻
I think you'll love yours, it looks every bit like my mizuno and that thing cuts like a beast. I think if you rehandle it it'll be bomb.
mauichef

Post by mauichef »

I’m curious. Why do you think it needs rehandling?
inzite

Post by inzite »

mauichef wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:46 am I’m curious. Why do you think it needs rehandling?
just like the mizuno size 6 the pins are not straight and off centered. the handle/scales are also too thin making it slightly uncomfortable to grip for long periods of time.

take a look at the alignment of the pins.
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/kofucl.html
Cutuu

Post by Cutuu »

inzite wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:24 pm
mauichef wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:46 am I’m curious. Why do you think it needs rehandling?
just like the mizuno size 6 the pins are not straight and off centered. the handle/scales are also too thin making it slightly uncomfortable to grip for long periods of time.

I haven't noticed mine to be uncomfortable. But I also haven't used it for extreme periods of time, so that might be the difference. I like the handle.
inzite

Post by inzite »

Cutuu wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:39 pm
inzite wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:24 pm

I haven't noticed mine to be uncomfortable. But I also haven't used it for extreme periods of time, so that might be the difference. I like the handle.
yeah what I meant was that it's not bad like TF western handles bad, but it can be made much better via rehandle.
salemj

Post by salemj »

I'm pumped. I've been waiting what seems like a two years for these to be offered again, and I'm glad I snagged one. No idea if it will work well with my height and kitchen needs so it may end up in someone else's hands since I don't keep knives I don't use, but it is worth a shot, and of all cleavers, I think this is a very cool one to have as a home cook who can baby it a bit.

I have a small and short list of desirables at this point, but it makes it all the more satisfying when one becomes available and it is feels like a special addition to my collection that will push me to learn totally new techniques.
~J

Comments: I'm short, a home cook, prefer lighter, thinner blades, and have tried dozens of brands over the years.
Drewski

Post by Drewski »

salemj wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:33 pm I'm pumped. I've been waiting what seems like a two years for these to be offered again, and I'm glad I snagged one. No idea if it will work well with my height and kitchen needs so it may end up in someone else's hands since I don't keep knives I don't use, but it is worth a shot, and of all cleavers, I think this is a very cool one to have as a home cook who can baby it a bit.

I have a small and short list of desirables at this point, but it makes it all the more satisfying when one becomes available and it is feels like a special addition to my collection that will push me to learn totally new techniques.
Glad to hear at least one made it to Canada. Congrats!
Cutuu

Post by Cutuu »

salemj wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:33 pm I'm pumped. I've been waiting what seems like a two years for these to be offered again, and I'm glad I snagged one. No idea if it will work well with my height and kitchen needs so it may end up in someone else's hands since I don't keep knives I don't use, but it is worth a shot, and of all cleavers, I think this is a very cool one to have as a home cook who can baby it a bit.

Joe your are an interesting one. My initial thought is this knife will not jive with you, and you would be a probable canidate to sell it. But then another thought, you do like konos, and if it fits a niche for you maybe, just maybe it might be a keeper. I'll be interested to see what you think and how you relate to it.
salemj

Post by salemj »

Cutuu wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:38 pm

Joe your are an interesting one. My initial thought is this knife will not jive with you, and you would be a probable canidate to sell it. But then another thought, you do like konos, and if it fits a niche for you maybe, just maybe it might be a keeper. I'll be interested to see what you think and how you relate to it.
Thanks for the thoughts. I have no idea, but I’m definitely excited and I’ve been considering a cleaver for a while. I think a lot of it will just depend on the balance, but who knows!
~J

Comments: I'm short, a home cook, prefer lighter, thinner blades, and have tried dozens of brands over the years.
kirkystyle

Post by kirkystyle »

any of you guy who bought one can you tell me the Weight of the knife?
Cutuu

Post by Cutuu »

kirkystyle wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:19 pm any of you guy who bought one can you tell me the Weight of the knife?
I weighed mine awhile back and believe it was 16 oz. I can try and weigh it again.
Cutuu

Post by Cutuu »

kirkystyle wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:19 pm any of you guy who bought one can you tell me the Weight of the knife?
Mine is from the previous batch. 16.3 oz.
pd7077

Post by pd7077 »

Cutuu wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:47 pm
Mine is from the previous batch. 16.3 oz.
Mine from the current batch is 16-7/8 oz (480g)
--- Steve
kirkystyle

Post by kirkystyle »

is it stainless steel cladding over white #2?
mauichef

Post by mauichef »

kirkystyle wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:20 am is it stainless steel cladding over white #2?
No. Soft iron.
gladius

Post by gladius »

It has been a few months...anyone find the cleaver is just not for them and like to sell it?
ButlerHoosierChef

Post by ButlerHoosierChef »

I have one never been used. Would you be willing to trade for it?