SOME INTERESTING KNIFE HANDLES - SOLD!

Here you can research prices of sold items.
matchplay18

SOME INTERESTING KNIFE HANDLES - SOLD!

Post by matchplay18 »

Recently persistent foot injuries have put me on a shelf. I still have my dexterity and the desire to keep busy. Among others things I have a background in machine work, carpentry, metal wood fabrication, welding. It has been a long while but I have made different types of knife handles in the past. While in my shop I realized I still had a everything anything sizable inventory on the shelf. $$$ I have some wild stuff Acrylic infused and spalted and burled wood. Note everything I use is dried or stabilized. Please take a look at the knives listed.
Redheart Black Ebony tapered medium to large
Black ebony alabaster white acrylic straight medium to large
Black ebony purple heart tapered medium to large.
Black ebony turquoise tapered medium to large
Osage orange green emerald acrylic blood wood tapered medium to large
Figured stabilized walnut burl orange acrylic straight basically large
Figured stabilized walnut burl sycamore green emerald acrylic tapered medium to large.
Purple heart alabaster white acrylic tapered medium to large
These handles finished with 1000 grit and sealed with 3 coats of burnished Odies Oil. The holes are traditional broached and are straight. You might find yourself having to file a little each knife is a little different and I would rather keep the tang hole a little smaller. For sure not a money maker especially on the black ebony handles, but something to pass the time. Each handle $60.00 shipping included CONUS but if you live on either coast add another $2.00. I you want more info PM me. There might have been better ways to post this ad but I am still on the learning curve. My response might be a bit belated I am only able to get to my emails once a day
Attachments
DSCN1229.JPG
DSCN1230.JPG
DSCN1231.JPG
DSCN1233.JPG
anjunafan

Re: WTS SOME INTERESTING KNIFE HANDLES

Post by anjunafan »

I'll take the Black ebony turquoise tapered medium to large
lsboogy

Post by lsboogy »

I'm game on the black ebony with white
Gogogo545

Post by Gogogo545 »

I can take the red heart ebony tapered medium to large
Grandprix

Post by Grandprix »

I would like to purchase several. Interested in both walnuts and also any of the ebony ones available. I am offshore currently so signal is terrible for me online. If you could please either text or email me and I should be able to respond.
matchplay18

Post by matchplay18 »

Hello sales pending on
Red heart ebony
Walnut Burl orange Walnut burl green sycamore
turquoise black ebony
black white ebony

Still available
Purple heart alabaster tapered
Red heart black ebony
Purple heart black ebony
Bloodwood green emerald purple heart tapered
Blood wood emerald green osage orange tapered
dreamwalker

Post by dreamwalker »

I would like to get the Purple heart black ebony .
Thanks

Mike
matchplay18

Post by matchplay18 »

Hello if you find yourself interested these are still available
Purple heart alabaster acrylic tapered $55.00 shipped CONUS
Red heart with Ebony rings $55.00 shipped CONUS
Bloodwood green emerald purple heart tapered $ 55.00 shipped CONUS
Bloodwood osage orange blue emerald acrylic $55.00 shipped CONUS Please expect to add another $2.00 if you live on either coast.
matchplay18

Post by matchplay18 »

Someone ask me the best way to size a knife tang to your handle. I have installed many handles and always find myself having to do a little file work. But that is ok I would rather it be a fitted hole than oversized. If you don't have $50.00 to $60.00 files or reamer's that's ok. This is simple and cost effective. Find a couple of Popsicle sticks then glue 60 or 80 grit paper only halfway up the stick. This way you won't distort the tang hole when filing. Take your time don't be in a hurry it might take you 10 or 15 minutes to size.
Bensbites

Post by Bensbites »

matchplay18 wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:59 pm Someone ask me the best way to size a knife tang to your handle. I have installed many handles and always find myself having to do a little file work. But that is ok I would rather it be a fitted hole than oversized. If you don't have $50.00 to $60.00 files or reamer's that's ok. This is simple and cost effective. Find a couple of Popsicle sticks then glue 60 or 80 grit paper only halfway up the stick. This way you won't distort the tang hole when filing. Take your time don't be in a hurry it might take you 10 or 15 minutes to size.
This is a brilliant tip, I may borrow it. I tell people who want to install their own handles to buy these. $13

Fatmingo 5x180mm Mini Assorted Wood Rasp File Set Metal Needle Rasps Files with Rubber Handle 6 Shapes Bastard files for Wood and Soft Stuffs Carving
matchplay18

Post by matchplay18 »

Bensbites glad you liked my idea I what your post and you always have something interesting and informative to say.
matchplay18

Post by matchplay18 »

SITE DIRECTOR COULD YOU PLEASE CLOSE THIS AD AND AS ALWASY THANKS MARK SUSAN CHEFSKNIVESTOGO FOR THE USE OF THIS SITE THANKYOU