Sharpening School

Moderator: Peter Nowlan

Peter Nowlan

Sharpening School

Post by Peter Nowlan »

I may have mentioned this before but I am in the process of working with Knifeplanet in the creation of series of educational videos with supporting articles. The plan is to build a knife sharpening learning environment that will take anyone interested from A to the limit of my knowledge. That has since change and it will no longer be just to the limit of MY knowledge. Jon Broida has agreed to join me in this adventure and I have asked him to plan for new videos down the road. I have asked him to create some of the single bevel sharpening videos and others as well, more advanced stuff to fit in later on.

This is very exciting stuff for me, it is hard work, I don't get paid for this and everything I use is stuff I purchased so it is a labour of love and all I can do is do my best.

Kit Craft

Re: Sharpening School

Post by Kit Craft »

Awesome! I would love to read every article and watch every video. It is very cool to see two people so enthusiastic about sharpening and education working together.

I love that photo, btw!
Peter Nowlan

Post by Peter Nowlan »

http://www.knifeplanet.net/knife-sharpe ... ne-course/

School is in. The first couple of videos is basically an introduction and very basic information, enough to get started.

The second one will be all about water stone maintenance
timos

Post by timos »

Awesome! I will be staying tuned
Tim Johnson
Oxford, MA

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few”
--s. suzuki
Web: http://www.timothyjohnsonknives.com
Email: tim@blackstoneknife.com
Instagram: @timostheos
GopherBroke

Post by GopherBroke »

That's awesome Peter!
Excited for you and can't wait to watch!!!!!!