Pressure Video on Lifehacker

Moderator: Peter Nowlan

Peter Nowlan

Pressure Video on Lifehacker

Post by Peter Nowlan »

Howdy,
I was just informed that my Video on the pressure system has been published on Lifehacker.

http://lifehacker.com/the-four-levels-o ... 1791621871

Lifehacker is in the top 500 websites in the world, I should have worn my special apron in the movie.
Jeff B

Re: Pressure Video on Lifehacker

Post by Jeff B »

Holy celebrity Batman, Peter is famous! 8-) And here I thought you were just a good ol' retired navy dude that sharpened knives really well!
And where is that cool apron when you need it. ;)
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
Lepus

Post by Lepus »

Peter, your videos are just good. I have started to see (and have for a while recommended) them elsewhere online and that traffic is well deserved. Your overviews on sharpening are simultaneously comprehensive, explained in a way a layperson can understand, and reduced to the core of the subject matter. For anyone who has jumped into the hundreds of hours of online sharpening material it's clear you're taking extreme care not only to spread well informed information but also to consider what information is and isn't essential. I know you could talk for hours about some ten minute clips from your videos, I have had and read such conversations, but those diversions seldom help a new sharpener.
Peter Nowlan

Post by Peter Nowlan »

Lepus very kind and thoughtful words, thank you. I remember spending way too much time watching videos and reached a point where I was starting to unlearn things if that makes sense. When I do a video I just try to think of what would help me, what I struggled with and how I overcame it. Whenever I finish the video I rarely, if ever watch it and I always think that I can do better and I suppose that is natural. Thanks again for taking the time to reply.
Peter