Pressure Explained

Moderator: Peter Nowlan

Peter Nowlan

Pressure Explained

Post by Peter Nowlan »

https://sharpener-pete.blogspot.ca/2017 ... ssure.html

I wrote an article for my Blog on my pressure system as I've had several emails about it lately. I wanted to ensure it is clear and I added some stuff as well.
nevrknow

Re: Pressure Explained

Post by nevrknow »

Absolutely nice write up Peter. Thank you so much. That's why I love this forum. So many experienced people willing to share their knowledge and experience to help us newbies from making beginner mistakes. Hopefully. Thank you again.
Peter Nowlan

Post by Peter Nowlan »

Thank you very much. We were all newbies and we are still learnings things and in fact I hope I never get to the point where I stop learning.
Kit Craft

Post by Kit Craft »

Peter Nowlan wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:47 am Thank you very much. We were all newbies and we are still learnings things and in fact I hope I never get to the point where I stop learning.
I know you have been at this for quite some time but from my perspective it would be quite hard to stop learning. It is as if everyday holds something new. Seriously, I get that the basics are the basics but lots of things do change from knife to knife and session to session. Though, as with teaching, I find that often times what I learn most about is myself. Identifying my own flaws and attempting to fix them, for example.

Anyway, I always look forward to reading your posts so please keep at it.
Peter Nowlan

Post by Peter Nowlan »

Thank you Kit. We don't know what we don't know either, which makes it exciting. Ego is often the biggest stumbling block for some people and I learned very quickly to drop it completely and absorb what people were telling me.
slobound

Post by slobound »

Thanks for the write up, Peter! Very helpful & informative.
-- Garrick
Peter Nowlan

Post by Peter Nowlan »

Welcome Garrick.
Papou

Post by Papou »

I too thank you for a wanderfull read Peter :) , my Father used to always say " you should never be too old to learn either from a younger or older person and you learning will never go to waste " .
You never know when that knowledge will be called upon in future years.