My favourite things

Moderator: Peter Nowlan

Peter Nowlan

My favourite things

Post by Peter Nowlan »

This is one of the most precious things that I own. Everytime I see it, it reminds me of my Navy days and Tokyo in 1987 which is where I bought it.

Yup, this coke can is the only thing that I brought back, never opened :)

The beautiful cutting board is an end grain board by Larchwood in Canada, the nicest and most edge friendly board that I have ever seen and used.
Jeff B

Re: My favourite things

Post by Jeff B »

The Coke might be the only thing you brought back but I bet the story is in what you left behind! 8-)

Don't know who put that crappy edge on that knife but you need to teach them how to do it right! :P ;)

That board is AWESOME!
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
Peter Nowlan

Post by Peter Nowlan »

Hey Jeff. Yes I spoke to the loser who sharpened it, on of the old bastiges who thinks he knows it all

Yup the board is quite something and feels really nice to us. I sharpen knives in their store once a week surrounded by them.
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

I watched the YouTube video from the Larch Wood website. That is an impressive operation they have going on!
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
Peter Nowlan

Post by Peter Nowlan »

The fella in the video, Don and the lady at the end of it are the ones who contacted me about sharpening at their new location. They made a special sharpening table for me and my Shapton Pond sits on two of the boards. They have a hard time keeping up with demand.
old onion

Post by old onion »

I just finished watching the Larch Wood video also. It sure is worth watching.Their blocks are beautiful.
Peter Nowlan

Post by Peter Nowlan »

Yes they are but the way a knife edge feels on them is something else. The boards are self healing as well.