Looking for tall stainless gyuto

We encourage you to post your questions about kitchen knives here. We can give you help choosing a knife.
Danzo

Re: Looking for tall stainless gyuto

Post by Danzo »

Masashi SLD is a fantastic option. Super thin at the edge and tip. Nice convex grind. Profile takes some time to get used to but it’s overall awesome
hz_zzzzzz

Post by hz_zzzzzz »

It’s hard to find such tall gyutos. The only thing I can think of other than the Kramers is Shun Fuji 8.5 Chefs. Mine is 221*59, and it has Damascus cladding. Seems almost perfect for your needs, but I don’t use mine frequently because it is a bit heavy (similar to your Kramer though) and I have too many new good knives to try, but if you take good care of it (sharpening and thinning), it should be a good knife.
enjay

Post by enjay »

sashav133 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:32 am It has to be stainless--I'm not a professional cook and don't have the skill or patience to properly maintain carbon steel.
Obviously it's your decision but stainless-clad carbon really is not all that difficult to maintain and you're shutting out a good number of options. Something to consider.