White or Blue steel Gyuto?

We encourage you to post your questions about kitchen knives here. We can give you help choosing a knife.
7x57mm@gmail.com

Re: White or Blue steel Gyuto?

Post by 7x57mm@gmail.com »

d_rap: I ordered the Anyru Gyuto within 2 minutes of receiving the notification. My search (at least this one) is over :) Beyond pumped I am. I don't know how long it took for the twelve to be snatched up but they are gone.
d_rap

Post by d_rap »

7x57mm@gmail.com wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:46 am d_rap: I ordered the Anyru Gyuto within 2 minutes of receiving the notification. My search (at least this one) is over :) Beyond pumped I am. I don't know how long it took for the twelve to be snatched up but they are gone.
I know. And I got one too. Very exciting. Congratulations.
David
XexoX

Post by XexoX »

d_rap wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:41 am
7x57mm@gmail.com wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:46 am d_rap: I ordered the Anyru Gyuto within 2 minutes of receiving the notification. My search (at least this one) is over :) Beyond pumped I am. I don't know how long it took for the twelve to be snatched up but they are gone.
I know. And I got one too. Very exciting. Congratulations.
Lucky devils you. But I tell myself I really don't need one.
You can blame Mr. Suburban for my being here. :lol:
The thing about quotes on the internet is you can not confirm their validity. -- Abraham Lincoln
All steels are equal if you can't keep them sharp. -- Jeff B.
lsboogy

Post by lsboogy »

I've used several Anryu gyutos, but have never owned one until today. They are very very good cutters for the price, and I figured if the old guy (i'm an old guy too) is turning over the business, it's time to pull the lever and get one. Kick myself at times for not buying more Hiromoto stuff while he was around - my SO has decided she owns them though.
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

7x57mm@gmail.com wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:46 am I ordered the Anyru Gyuto within 2 minutes of receiving the notification. My search (at least this one) is over :) Beyond pumped I am...
A great knife for the price, you should be very impressed. This is one of the inflection points where personal preferences start to form. ;)
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
bob_m

Post by bob_m »

Carbon is great. But sometimes I just prefer the lower maintenance of a semi-stainless like ginsan. It's so much easier for casual day to day use.

As a home cook, with a good board and being careful, ginsan serves me so well that I reach for the carbons less and less.