Vintage EBay Knives?

We encourage you to post your questions about kitchen knives here. We can give you help choosing a knife.
supersharp

Vintage EBay Knives?

Post by supersharp »

Searching around on eBay, I'm finding a few vintage Japanese knives (in Japan) listed. I don't hear too much about older knives and wondered if anyone had experience finding gems or getting burned on vintage Japanese knives.
J david

Re: Vintage EBay Knives?

Post by J david »

There are a few reputable sellers out of Japan on eBay. Often, the descriptions are lacking and the prices are not always a bargain. Ask alot of questions to determine the true condition, pictures do not always tell the whole story. Most reputable sellers are knowledgeable and will answer questions. Most also know what they have and price accordingly so true gems are rare. I have had good buys and not so good buys, but I've never been "burned". Good luck.
Gregory27

Re: Vintage EBay Knives?

Post by Gregory27 »

I can't speak for J-knives, but I picked up a nice, old Sabatier for $25 a week, or so ago. Of course, it wasn't until I got the blade cleaned up that I was able to confirm that I actually got a Sabatier. Ultimately, if you REALLY get burned, PayPal has some customer protections in place, right?