Looking to buy 3 knives to replace a set

We encourage you to post your questions about kitchen knives here. We can give you help choosing a knife.
greysonjohnston

Re: Looking to buy 3 knives to replace a set

Post by greysonjohnston »

I’ll look into it all hahahahaha. Thanks guys!
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

greysonjohnston wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:54 pm I’ll look into it all hahahahaha. Thanks guys!
Ask and you shall receive.... ;)
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
Altadan

Post by Altadan »

And receive, and receive, and then some more ;)

Man, I remember when I was at that"ask the forum" stage of getting my first jknife, I had to read and then re-read the threads. My own opinion and desires would change as people would mention different qualities and terms (convex grind, ease of sharpening, forward balanced, etc etc).
After having tried a dozen knives or so, I think it's possible to say with confidence that, given a basic knowledge of your preference (i.e., answering the question form), the forum is usually very able to suggest several knives, ANY of which would be a very satisfying start.
Then, once any of the recommended knives are purchased (hopefully with minimal headache and loss of sleep...quite common), the buyer should enjoy the knife, discover it's qualities, and through it discover more of his\her own preferences, thus preparing for...the next purchase :lol:
“If we conquer our passions it is more from their weakness than from our strength.”
― François de La Rochefoucauld
old onion

Post by old onion »

Altadan wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:00 am And receive, and receive, and then some more ;)

Man, I remember when I was at that"ask the forum" stage of getting my first jknife, I had to read and then re-read the threads. My own opinion and desires would change as people would mention different qualities and terms (convex grind, ease of sharpening, forward balanced, etc etc).
After having tried a dozen knives or so, I think it's possible to say with confidence that, given a basic knowledge of your preference (i.e., answering the question form), the forum is usually very able to suggest several knives, ANY of which would be a very satisfying start.
Then, once any of the recommended knives are purchased (hopefully with minimal headache and loss of sleep...quite common), the buyer should enjoy the knife, discover it's qualities, and through it discover more of his\her own preferences, thus preparing for...the next purchase :lol:
Very well put.