Pricing Guidelines

Formerly Blackstone Knife Company

Moderator: timos

timos

Pricing Guidelines

Post by timos »

I think Ive settled on Pricing that seems to work for me. Prices are subject to change and the following is only a guideline. Please email me for an official quote.

Western rehandles: 120$ labor + material cost+ S&H

Wa Rehandles (includes ferrule): 150$ labor + material cost + S&H

Thinning and Regrinds: starting at 40$ I will remove KU, apply forced patinas, tip repairs, and sharpen, etc.

Custom Prices in basic steels (very general guideline)
A custom knife is built to customer specification. Get exactly the size, profile, and cutting geometry you want. I work from customer supplied pictures and drawings/description
and will create a dimensional drawing for your approval.

-High wear resistant steels will add 50 to 100$
-Damascus is typically 20 to 30$ per square inch
-Dove-Wa handle construction adds $150

2-3" (50-90mm) blade 150$ +

6-7" (150-180mm) blades 220$ +

8-10" (220-250mm) blades 350$ +
Tim Johnson
Oxford, MA

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few”
--s. suzuki
Web: http://www.timothyjohnsonknives.com
Email: tim@blackstoneknife.com
Instagram: @timostheos
Lepus

Re: Pricing Guidelines

Post by Lepus »

Tim, I know you have a few designs you've had some good success with in the past, particularly some outdoors knives. Will those fit into the same general pricing structure as your other customs, would you offer them as a sort of order on demand design, or would you prefer us to contact you for details?
timos

Post by timos »

Hey Lepus, outdoor knives fit into the same general guidelines. Please do send an email. I build outdoors knives custom to order as well as a few of my own designs.
Tim Johnson
Oxford, MA

“In the beginner’s mind there are many possibilities, but in the expert’s there are few”
--s. suzuki
Web: http://www.timothyjohnsonknives.com
Email: tim@blackstoneknife.com
Instagram: @timostheos
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

Lepus wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:53 am Tim, I know you have a few designs you've had some good success with in the past, particularly some outdoors knives. Will those fit into the same general pricing structure as your other customs, would you offer them as a sort of order on demand design, or would you prefer us to contact you for details?
Tim did some custom outdoor knives to my specs and design and he did an awesome job on them! He is very helpful in showing your ideas in drawings and helping you make adjustment to suit your desires. A great and patient guy to work with! Yes, he and his excellent work have made me a fan. ;)
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.