Would you do this with your Shibata R2?

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
stevem627

Re: Would you do this with your Shibata R2?

Post by stevem627 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:17 pm

I guess that’s not surprising at all. It looks like her delusion of being a “sushi chef” came to a harsh meeting with reality.

DicedZombies

Post by DicedZombies » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:45 am

stevem627 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 3:17 pm
I guess that’s not surprising at all. It looks like her delusion of being a “sushi chef” came to a harsh meeting with reality.
I think we crushed a poor little snowflake. I must admit, I do get great joy in that sometimes. LOL

ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:58 am

I should be getting it back this week. I’ll grind that chip out, thin it and bring it back to life. Hopefully the next person who uses it will treat it with a little respect.
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/blfrsp.html

DicedZombies

Post by DicedZombies » Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:30 am

ChefKnivesToGo wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:58 am
I should be getting it back this week. I’ll grind that chip out, thin it and bring it back to life. Hopefully the next person who uses it will treat it with a little respect.
I'm not really suggesting you do this, but using my imagination, wouldn't it have been great if you responded to her self-deluded thinly veiled threatening-bad-PR-to-you email if you had responded with something like:

"I don't know anything about your 3 million views you talk about other than they will see what an untrained chef who doesn't know how to use a knife or break down a fish looks like. I tell you what, how about if I post your email and what you are implying right smack dab on the homepage of my website for all to see along with a video upload of how bad a "chef" you really are? I bet your restaurant would love that publicity! Oh, and I'll refund your money and you can keep the knife for free as I'm sure if I fix it and return it to you, where you are such an incompetent "chef" (maybe you are really the assistant trainee to the trainee of the assistant to the cousin of the sous-chef?" you'll just do something stupid again like try and open a tin can with it. Thank you for your business.

And based on my imaginary response is exactly why I don't work in retail any longer, folks.

Bbuth7575

Post by Bbuth7575 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:42 pm

I think the Shibata's new owner should shoot a proper knife skills video lol.

Robstreperous

Post by Robstreperous » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:58 pm

And on a positive note... my new Kotetsu 210 arrived Saturday. I have a handle all lined up for it ---- fits like a glove. I'll be doing the install once my epoxy arrives later this week.

It's a really nice looking package I'll post pics probably over the weekend.

In a funny sort of way -- without that video from Ms. Lex complaining about these very special blades I'm not certain I'd have given this a thought.

So much better for it all.

Cutuu

Post by Cutuu » Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:11 pm

DicedZombies wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:30 am
ChefKnivesToGo wrote:
I'm not really suggesting you do this, but using my imagination, wouldn't it have been great if you responded to her self-deluded thinly veiled threatening-bad-PR-to-you email if you had responded with something like:

"I don't know anything about your 3 million views you talk about other than they will see what an untrained chef who doesn't know how to use a knife or break down a fish looks like. I tell you what, how about if I post your email and what you are implying right smack dab on the homepage of my website for all to see along with a video upload of how bad a "chef" you really are? I bet your restaurant would love that publicity! Oh, and I'll refund your money and you can keep the knife for free as I'm sure if I fix it and return it to you, where you are such an incompetent "chef" (maybe you are really the assistant trainee to the trainee of the assistant to the cousin of the sous-chef?" you'll just do something stupid again like try and open a tin can with it. Thank you for your business.

And based on my imaginary response is exactly why I don't work in retail any longer, folks.
This is great!

PaulME

Post by PaulME » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:04 am

Video links don’t seem to work anymore- at least for me

Banzai_Burrito

Post by Banzai_Burrito » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:15 am

PaulME wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:04 am
It looks like they made the Youtube video private, and from earlier comments, they are deleting IG comments regarding constructive criticism

Edit - didnt realize the IG video got taken down too

Kalaeb

Post by Kalaeb » Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:44 pm

Banzai_Burrito wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:15 am
PaulME wrote:

Hilarious!

DicedZombies

Post by DicedZombies » Tue Dec 03, 2019 7:28 pm

Cutuu wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:11 pm
DicedZombies wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 8:30 am
ChefKnivesToGo wrote:

This is great!
Thank you!! :)

Jeff B

Post by Jeff B » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:29 pm

Kalaeb wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:44 pm
Banzai_Burrito wrote:
PaulME wrote:

Hilarious!
Guess "Chef Lex" wasn't the celebrity they had hoped she'd be. Welcome to reality! :lol:
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.

DicedZombies

Post by DicedZombies » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:40 am

Jeff B wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:29 pm
Kalaeb wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:44 pm
Banzai_Burrito wrote:

Hilarious!
Guess "Chef Lex" wasn't the celebrity they had hoped she'd be. Welcome to reality! :lol:
Again - just kidding and I don't really suggest this - but wouldn't it be funny if we called up the restaurant and said we saw her video and we're asking if we could book a reservation for when she is NOT working so we could have a chance of having a "real" chef work on our food and not her?