Image hosting

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
desol

Re: Image hosting

Post by desol »

Imageshack(I think) was the one that burned me. I hadn't logged in for a while, but knew I still had some photos on there that I wanted. Went to log in and couldn't see them and found out that they were being held from me. The only way to get them was to sign up as a paying member, even tho I had loaded the files when they were still a free site? I don't expect everything to be for free, and I don't mind paying...but don't hold my photos hostage, for ransom, if I loaded them when your site was still free?

What a bunch of jerks! Unbelievable. Anyway...they can have them.
Carter

Post by Carter »

I have switched to TinyPic since the PhotoBucket issue. The last two times I have uploaded to TinyPics, I have had to upload the same images multiple time to get it to "stick"....the images seem to upload without error, but no image is displayed and I get a msg that the image is not available or may have been deleted....there are also times with I click on an image thumbnail that has successfully uploaded and I get the same msg that the image is not available. Is anyone else experiencing this issue....it is really frustrating.
sharksfan7

Post by sharksfan7 »

Carter wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:19 am I have switched to TinyPic since the PhotoBucket issue. The last two times I have uploaded to TinyPics, I have had to upload the same images multiple time to get it to "stick"....the images seem to upload without error, but no image is displayed and I get a msg that the image is not available or may have been deleted....there are also times with I click on an image thumbnail that has successfully uploaded and I get the same msg that the image is not available. Is anyone else experiencing this issue....it is really frustrating.
This happened to me the other day, as well. Not sure exactly why. It was an image I pulled off of a website. Was thinking maybe there are some tags in the image that indicate I'm not original owner, so TinyPic deletes it. Kinda like how YouTube will delete uploads if you're not the copyright owner. I don't know, though.
--Tony
Kalaeb

Post by Kalaeb »

Carter wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:19 am I have switched to TinyPic since the PhotoBucket issue. The last two times I have uploaded to TinyPics, I have had to upload the same images multiple time to get it to "stick"....the images seem to upload without error, but no image is displayed and I get a msg that the image is not available or may have been deleted....there are also times with I click on an image thumbnail that has successfully uploaded and I get the same msg that the image is not available. Is anyone else experiencing this issue....it is really frustrating.
Tread lightly. TinyPic, while easy to use, is owned by Photobucket and Photobucket is evil.
Carter

Post by Carter »

TinyPic is being a real PIA and the fact that PB owns them caused me to sign up for Imgur.....super easy and fast image processing and embedding. Allowed me to upload images and make a post in about 2 minutes and get back to work.....hope it works this well all the time.
J david

Post by J david »

Imgur test
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

I am still finding a couple speedometers on the website and removing them as we go along. If you guys find any let me know and I'll remove them.
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/newarrivals.html
Kit Craft

Post by Kit Craft »

J david wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:53 pm Imgur test
Good looking test.
J david

Post by J david »

Kit Craft wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:09 am
Good looking test.
Thanks, that knife will be on BST soon, but way too long for you, kit.
Kit Craft

Post by Kit Craft »

J david wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:25 am
Good looking test.
Shame. I missed out on a really nice 195mm TF awhile back too. I am flat done in terms of hobby money anyway. I had to scrape the jar to get together some cash to pick up a Monzen. I think it will be a few months before I even look at BST. :lol: Someone will be happy with that beauty, though.
Kit Craft

Post by Kit Craft »

J david wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:25 am
Good looking test.
Hah, that went fast.
limpet

Post by limpet »

limpet wrote: Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:17 pm I really enjoy using Instagram. But you can only upload pictures from the mobile app and I guess you'll have to make the account public.

Using the Instagram tag on this forum works fine when posting on the computer, but I don't know how easy it will be to copy-paste the id on a mobile phone.

When I view the html source in a computer browser, I get the link to the picture, but I don't know if it's a permanent link that will hold over time.

Testing.

Edit: Hmmm... think I'm going to take another sip from that Calvados now. ;)
Two months has passed and the link to the instagram image seems to hold up. :) The image id is probably solid but a direct link like this is vulnerable to URL structure refactoring on Instagram. It's probably better to use a forum plugin (like the one on this forum) that centralizes the code needed to show the Instagram post.
RickR

Post by RickR »

If you're using Chrome as your browser, there's a free fix for PhotoBucket at the Chrome Web Store:

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... nzSjLnboGg
sharksfan7

Post by sharksfan7 »

RickR wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:58 am If you're using Chrome as your browser, there's a free fix for PhotoBucket at the Chrome Web Store:

That's cool! Thanks! Same add-on is available for Firefox. I just tested on both browsers and it appears to work.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... edded-fix/
--Tony
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

RickR wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:58 am If you're using Chrome as your browser, there's a free fix for PhotoBucket at the Chrome Web Store:

Amazing.
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/newarrivals.html