Shipping Times.

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Shipping Times.

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

On 5 Mar I purchased one of your Excellent knives and finally received it on 11 Mar – after traveling for 6 Days and 850 miles ? And with your Company located in Madison WI , Only 120 miles from my location in Silvis IL, I can only Assume that there must be a Warp in the Space/time continuum area surrounding Madison.

During these 6 Days . I placed an order with Walmart , it Was shipped from Plainfield Indiana. I got it in two days. I also placed a buy of Knife blades with Brisa in Jakobstad Finland. I got it within 4 Days. Neither of these two orders were placed with expedited shipping , only standard shipping.

So there must be a Warp – Is your Company located over an ancient Indian Burial Grounds ? – Someone in your Organization Pissed off a Dark Wizard ? .

You may want to look into to some other methods of shipments

A . An old Prospector with a donkey could cover the 120 miles in about 6 Days.

B. By Canoe 3 Days– The lakes around Madison connect with the Rock River , it runs right thru our area.
C. A Man on horse back should get here in 2 days easily.

D. Cars and trucks could cover this distance in 4 hours

Please look into this as I really like your products and am looking forward to future purchases with your Company
Thanks

Wm
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/newarrivals.html
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Re: Shipping Times.

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

Hi Wm,

Good to know!. Next time please specify you want it shipped by canoe and I'll paddle it down there. If the Rock River is still frozen I'll switch to ice skates.

Kind Regards,

Mark Richmond
Chefknivestogo.com
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
RamenMonster69

Post by RamenMonster69 »

I admit I'm guilty of this, but Amazon Prime has really warped shipping time expectations/ expectations to pay.

It is interesting that Finland thing, I have experienced it with getting a direct order TF to. I wonder if certain countries post offices have expedited agreements with the post office on certain items as part of whatever their inter service agreements are called that presumably exist.
Drewski

Post by Drewski »

Complaining that a shipment took 6 days is like complaining that a heart surgery took 12 hours. Suck it up and wait, unless you can do it yourself.
datster

Post by datster »

I wish people would understand it's not the vendor, in this case CKTG. I live two miles from the Madison Knife Mine and I almost always get my orders in two days. If I order early enough in the morning and they go out early afternoon I get them next day. But, my last order went as normal to Oak Creek, then further yet to Milwaukee, then back to Oak Creek where it came north to arrive in my town. Four days but then, so what, as long as I get it. WAIT! Even if I didn't get it, I order from CKTG and I know if I didn't get it they would go out of their way to make it right. That right there is worth the wait!
slobound

Post by slobound »

For the next knife I order, I’m going to request that Mark hand delivers by dog sled for my shipping method. That’s what the comments box is for, right?
-- Garrick
Wjhunt

Post by Wjhunt »

I have always been amazed at how fast the package makes it to Florida. Usually a day or two before I expect it to arrive.
ButlerHoosierChef

Post by ButlerHoosierChef »

I agree. I usually get my packages in Indiana in like two days. Although I will say who cares. Mark is an amazing owner that takes customer service to the next level and will do everything in his power to make things right. So that in and of itself is worth its weight in gold. Not even including the prices and selection of knives we get to choose from on a daily basis. We are spoiled. I will say though that Dark Wizard thing you gotta get that crap checked out. Those guys are like the syphilis of the wizarding world. Also next time just send it by floo powder and tell him to be ready to catch through their fireplace. If they don't have one then they will just have to aparate and pick it up their dang selves. Hey instantaneous results.
Quantim0

Post by Quantim0 »

I believe I get everything in 2-3 days down here in Florida. Amazon Prime and CKTG have heightened my expectations for shipping times. I have ordered some stuff from AliExpress and the 3-4 weeks is a terrible wait.
mauichef

Post by mauichef »

Do these people not know how the world works? I bet he didn’t write his humorous letter to USPS. Oh....and wow....he had to wait a whole 6 days. Poor little lamb.
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

Sometimes a package finds it way onto the wrong conveyor, slides down the wrong shoot, takes a wrong turn and goes on an extended trip. Big deal, suck it up and live with it or buy your shit in person....
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
enjay

Post by enjay »

Troll gonna troll
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

He wrote me back.

Thanks, I will wait until the Rock River is Ice free and below flood stage before placing my next order

wm

hahahahah
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
datster

Post by datster »

Jeff B wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 1:20 pm Sometimes a package finds it way onto the wrong conveyor, slides down the wrong shoot, takes a wrong turn and goes on an extended trip. Big deal, suck it up and live with it or buy your shit in person....
Yeah, just like at the airport when the bags disappear and I wear the same clothes for three days waiting for my suitcase to fly around the country
Evergreen

Post by Evergreen »

Objectively speaking, Mark you lost a customer because of the way you chose to respond. You might not care, but damn, bro, you had the chance to win over a person for life and instead you chose to lose a customer for life. You literally took money out of your own pocket. Not telling you what to do, just pointing out the obvious. As good as it feels in the moment to tell someone off, taking their money feels even better and lasts much longer!
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

I actually took this customer as being a wise ass and having a little fun and that's how I responded. I don't think he was offended nor was I. I thought it was funny.

Sue was offended. :)

Anyway let's stop this here. I don't want to get into a thing about it.
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
ken123

Post by ken123 »

I guess I found the original.post comical at best. Mark ships fast.

As part of the bigger picture I really wonder about this need for immediate gratification. I hope no one died for want of a sharp knife :)

Consider flying to Japan, arguing with the knifemaker in Japanese to hurry up and arrange for shipping to the USA.
Mark if you do sled deliveries remember - pictures or it didn't happen :)
---
Ken
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

He just bought again so I think he was ok with my response. ;)
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
ken123

Post by ken123 »

Get your delivery sled ready :) Glad it worked out.

---
Ken