Show us your knives!

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
Post Reply
User avatar
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin
Posts: 14311
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:23 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Show us your knives!

Post by ChefKnivesToGo » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:53 am

Don’s picture of his knives got me thinking this would be fun.

I would love to see some collection shots from you guys.
Image
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/blfrsp.html

PaulME
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:53 am
Location: Upton MA

Re: Show us your knives!

Post by PaulME » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:21 am

Well took a pic now need to figure out uploading a pic, put it on flicker and the code does not seem to want to work
https://flic.kr/p/2ec1xKJ

Paul

Prob need another new hosting site, used flicker originally then photobucke but they screwed everything up so links no longer work unless you pay....

User avatar
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin
Posts: 14311
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:23 pm
Location: Madison, WI
Contact:

Re: Show us your knives!

Post by ChefKnivesToGo » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:44 am

That's a nice collection. Nice sink too! :)

Try Imgur.
Image
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/blfrsp.html

User avatar
Jeff B
Posts: 11786
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:59 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Show us your knives!

Post by Jeff B » Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:26 am

But if I get them all out for a picture then my wife will see how many I "actually" have...that could be dangerous. :?
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.

nakneker
Posts: 1997
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:37 am
Location: Taylor, Az

Re: Show us your knives!

Post by nakneker » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:19 pm

This will be fun. I started down this rabbithole Christmas of 2018, found CKTG by chance and bought a Makato 210. Stone and knife trading followed but the thing I enjoy the most are the people who share a passion for this too. I’ve met some good friends through this hobby, some really enjoyable people, it’s what I like the most about the whole thing.


79A2C72F-1F14-4628-92F6-C2F9CCB99103.jpeg
225EA2A2-7C68-4992-AA2D-DC16A4E28C9E.jpeg
A0306506-269F-48D8-8C29-19842361B012.jpeg
C27AF096-5549-4A3F-8F7F-8486B7FD35DC.jpeg
“The goal is to die with memories, not dreams.”

User avatar
Drewski
Posts: 1088
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:01 am
Location: Manitoba, Canada

Re: Show us your knives!

Post by Drewski » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:31 pm

nakneker wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:19 pm
This will be fun. I started down this rabbithole Christmas of 2018, found CKTG by chance and bought a Makato 210. Stone and knife trading followed but the thing I enjoy the most are the people who share a passion for this too. I’ve met some good friends through this hobby, some really enjoyable people, it’s what I like the most about the whole thing.
That's a pretty intense few months! Very nice.

User avatar
Altadan
Posts: 1338
Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:15 pm
Location: Dallas, TX

Re: Show us your knives!

Post by Altadan » Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:56 pm

Drewski wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:31 pm
nakneker wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:19 pm
This will be fun. I started down this rabbithole Christmas of 2018, found CKTG by chance and bought a Makato 210. Stone and knife trading followed but the thing I enjoy the most are the people who share a passion for this too. I’ve met some good friends through this hobby, some really enjoyable people, it’s what I like the most about the whole thing.
That's a pretty intense few months! Very nice.
Sean is like a comet, blazing hot. Or maybe more like a star in formation, gathering more and more mass. Currently forming iron, and other metals... hahaha

nakneker
Posts: 1997
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:37 am
Location: Taylor, Az

Re: Show us your knives!

Post by nakneker » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:15 pm

I’m enjoying these knives like everyone else for sure. I hope more people post their knives. It’s fun when Mark starts these threads, one of the things I like most about CKTG! I know Jeff’s wife won’t get that mad, well I don’t know that but I hope he posts!
“The goal is to die with memories, not dreams.”

Bcos17
Posts: 163
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:38 pm
Location: New York, NY

Re: Show us your knives!

Post by Bcos17 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:17 pm

Sean, Love the handles on the Shigs. The Hiromoto post spa treatment looks pretty cool also. Nice collection

Bluenoser87
Posts: 608
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:33 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA

Re: Show us your knives!

Post by Bluenoser87 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:22 pm

Here’s the current line up. 270 Mazaki, 270 Hiromoto, and 240 Anryu are off getting some work done but it’s just as well, they wouldn’t fit on this little table anyway :lol:
2F679282-4B2F-4238-822C-E88B36B02B21.jpeg

User avatar
Jeff B
Posts: 11786
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:59 pm
Location: Kentucky

Re: Show us your knives!

Post by Jeff B » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:26 pm

nakneker wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:15 pm
I’m enjoying these knives like everyone else for sure. I hope more people post their knives. It’s fun when Mark starts these threads, one of the things I like most about CKTG! I know Jeff’s wife won’t get that mad, well I don’t know that but I hope he posts!
Don't you mean started down this rabbithole Christmas of 2017? You've been here since Feb of '18.

I'll take a picture of my collection soon and get it up. I'll wait for the wife to go to the grocery or something and lay them all out for a good shot. ;)
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.

nakneker
Posts: 1997
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:37 am
Location: Taylor, Az

Re: Show us your knives!

Post by nakneker » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:55 pm

Jeff B wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:26 pm
nakneker wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:15 pm
I’m enjoying these knives like everyone else for sure. I hope more people post their knives. It’s fun when Mark starts these threads, one of the things I like most about CKTG! I know Jeff’s wife won’t get that mad, well I don’t know that but I hope he posts!
Don't you mean started down this rabbithole Christmas of 2017? You've been here since Feb of '18.

I'll take a picture of my collection soon and get it up. I'll wait for the wife to go to the grocery or something and lay them all out for a good shot. ;)
Yeah, 2017 :D

I look forward to seeing your knives bro.
“The goal is to die with memories, not dreams.”

User avatar
Drewski
Posts: 1088
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:01 am
Location: Manitoba, Canada

Re: Show us your knives!

Post by Drewski » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:17 pm

Jeff B wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:26 pm
nakneker wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:15 pm
I’m enjoying these knives like everyone else for sure. I hope more people post their knives. It’s fun when Mark starts these threads, one of the things I like most about CKTG! I know Jeff’s wife won’t get that mad, well I don’t know that but I hope he posts!
Don't you mean started down this rabbithole Christmas of 2017? You've been here since Feb of '18.

I'll take a picture of my collection soon and get it up. I'll wait for the wife to go to the grocery or something and lay them all out for a good shot. ;)
"Of course I don't have a knife problem. Trust me..."

User avatar
ashy2classy
Posts: 1036
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:47 pm

Re: Show us your knives!

Post by ashy2classy » Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:22 pm

This is fun! Great collections so far! I'm sure some of you can't fit all of your knives in one photo. ;) I look forward to trying, myself. :lol:

nakneker
Posts: 1997
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:37 am
Location: Taylor, Az

Re: Show us your knives!

Post by nakneker » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:22 pm

ashy2classy wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:22 pm
This is fun! Great collections so far! I'm sure some of you can't fit all of your knives in one photo. ;) I look forward to trying, myself. :lol:
Good luck, I was wondering you’d see this. I look forward to your post!
“The goal is to die with memories, not dreams.”

nakneker
Posts: 1997
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:37 am
Location: Taylor, Az

Re: Show us your knives!

Post by nakneker » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:23 pm

Bluenoser87 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:22 pm
Here’s the current line up. 270 Mazaki, 270 Hiromoto, and 240 Anryu are off getting some work done but it’s just as well, they wouldn’t fit on this little table anyway :lol:

2F679282-4B2F-4238-822C-E88B36B02B21.jpeg
Nice looking collection Jon!
“The goal is to die with memories, not dreams.”

Bluenoser87
Posts: 608
Joined: Sun Jun 17, 2018 12:33 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA

Re: Show us your knives!

Post by Bluenoser87 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:35 pm

nakneker wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:22 pm
ashy2classy wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:22 pm
This is fun! Great collections so far! I'm sure some of you can't fit all of your knives in one photo. ;) I look forward to trying, myself. :lol:
Good luck, I was wondering you’d see this. I look forward to your post!
I’m also kinda hoping ashy posts a group shot. Seeing the stuff he sells he must be holding on to some cool knives ;)

User avatar
pd7077
Posts: 961
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:02 pm
Location: Bay Area, CA

Re: Show us your knives!

Post by pd7077 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:43 pm

Bluenoser87 wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:35 pm
nakneker wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:22 pm
ashy2classy wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2019 8:22 pm
This is fun! Great collections so far! I'm sure some of you can't fit all of your knives in one photo. ;) I look forward to trying, myself. :lol:
Good luck, I was wondering you’d see this. I look forward to your post!
I’m also kinda hoping ashy posts a group shot. Seeing the stuff he sells he must be holding on to some cool knives ;)
This!!!!
--- Steve

Marc4pt0
Posts: 586
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:37 am

Re: Show us your knives!

Post by Marc4pt0 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:17 am

Very fun stuff! Always love seeing what others have zeroed in on

Marc4pt0
Posts: 586
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:37 am

Re: Show us your knives!

Post by Marc4pt0 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:23 am

This is an older shot from last year. Few have left and a few new ones have shuffled in. I'll have to post an updated one soon
Attachments
Screenshot_20190324-082154_Gallery.jpg

Post Reply