Just accepted a dream job offer

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
Intension

Just accepted a dream job offer

Post by Intension »

I've been spending the last 6 months working hard at a shop in St. Paul called Forest to Fork, we are a brick and mortar outlet for a wholesale foraged/gourmet mushroom company. The owner has pulled on my culinary background a few times - eventually he invited me to help him do a presentation for the American Chef Federation in the beginning of April. He talked about how the company got to where it is today, I displayed some of the product we offer and cooked up samples of three types for the chefs in attendance from all over the country. I exposed many of them for the first time to Nebrodini, Black Poplar (or velvet pioppini) and herecium (lion's mane). The lion's mane we had grown right at the store in St. Paul (we have a 600 cu.ft., all glass, grow chamber at the shop which is inside an old old old brewery turned marketplace). This has culminated with me being offered a full time position within the company, which I just accepted! I'll be working at the store and helping with food related systems there, developing a sampling program, cooking for events, working on merch tables at events, creating recipes to give out to customers, writing product descriptions and learning a bunch from some of the most talented chefs in the twin cities!
Last edited by Intension on Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If the divine creator has taken pains to give us delicious and exquisite things to eat,
the least we can do is prepare them well and serve them with ceremony."
-F.P.
nakneker

Re: Just accepted a dream job offer

Post by nakneker »

Intension wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:28 pm I've been spending the last 6 months working hard at a shop in St. Paul called Forest to Fork, we are a brick and mortar outlet for a wholesale foraged/gourmet mushroom company. The owner has pulled on my culinary background a few times - eventually he invited me to help him do a presentation for the American Chef Federation in the beginning of April. He talked about how the company got to where it is today, I displayed some of the product we offer and cooked up samples of three types for the chefs in attendance from all over the country. I exposed many of them for the first time to Nebrodini, Black Poplar (or velvet pioppini) and herecium (lion's mane) that we had grown right at the store in St. Paul (we have a 600 cu.ft., all glass, grow chamber at the shop which is inside an old old old brewery turned marketplace). This has culminated with me being offered a full time position within the company, which I just accepted! I'll be working at the store and helping with food related systems there, developing a sampling program, cooking for events, working on merch tables at events, creating recipes to give out to customers, writing product descriptions and learning a bunch from some of the most talented chefs in the twin cities!
Congratulations! Anytime we get to earn a living doing something we enjoy I would call that blessed! Enjoy!
“The goal is to die with memories, not dreams.”
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

Right on! I see there is a Morel event coming soon on the website...It must be spring though you wouldn’t know it from the weather around here.
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/newarrivals.html
Kit Craft

Post by Kit Craft »

nakneker wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:46 pm

Congratulations! Anytime we get to earn a living doing something we enjoy I would call that blessed! Enjoy!
Agreed and gratz to the op! Someone should pay me to read forums. :lol:
Ut_ron

Post by Ut_ron »

Congratulations, now go and have fun making a nice living.
Home cook that enjoys sharp knives.
lsboogy

Post by lsboogy »

Are you open Saturdays?
nevrknow

Post by nevrknow »

Congrats! Love to see someone get what they want.
Intension

Post by Intension »

Thanks everyone!
lsboogy wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 12:01 am Are you open Saturdays?
Yep, we're open 7 days a week.

I'll be there Sunday morning this weekend
"If the divine creator has taken pains to give us delicious and exquisite things to eat,
-F.P.
Hmirchev

Post by Hmirchev »

Congrats ;) when i worked in Denmark in a one Michelin star restaurant, I learned a lot about foraging for herbs and flowers, and I use it all the time in the restaurant I work in right now....but maybe you can teach me about mushroom foraging ;) I'd be an eager student :D
lsboogy

Post by lsboogy »

I'll check out the shop next weekend. Rick has a dinner on Sunday but nothing on Saturday so I get the day off!
snapshot2020

Post by snapshot2020 »

It's a blessing when ones work becomes more then just a job they do.
Thin Man

Post by Thin Man »

Congratulations!
Intension

Post by Intension »

Hmirchev wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:21 pm Congrats ;) when i worked in Denmark in a one Michelin star restaurant, I learned a lot about foraging for herbs and flowers, and I use it all the time in the restaurant I work in right now....but maybe you can teach me about mushroom foraging ;) I'd be an eager student :D

Our owner puts on multiple identification classes and two forays each summer! I'll be at the first foray working and learning the ropes of throwing events like this
-F.P.