Error 404

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
Papou

Error 404

Post by Papou »

Keep getting this message up on my phone or sometimes PC when i want to suss out whats happenning onboard !!??, message comes up something about cloudfare or something or other and cant get into the site ??..
Some changes to the site ive missed out on ??.
STPepper9

Re: Error 404

Post by STPepper9 »

Depending on when this was happening for you, about two nights ago I was not able to get onto the forum. I just figured the site was down for a little bit. It’s worked fine for me since then.

FYI. There is a forum issues section.
https://www.chefknivestogoforums.com/viewforum.php?f=36
Papou

Post by Papou »

Error 1016 actually whatever that is ?? and still cant log in via my mobile phone ..
rayl1234

Post by rayl1234 »

Papou wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:01 am Error 1016 actually whatever that is ?? and still cant log in via my mobile phone ..
Alas, that is a problem only the forum admins can fix. What it is is that you are accessing via a network and location from which the forum’s DNS name (chefknivestogoforums.com) cannot be resolved (actually from a network&location that connects to a CloudFlare server that cannot resolve it)....

The easiest way to see this is... there are tools that try to resolve the name world-wide like https://www.whatsmydns.net/#A/chefknivestogoforums.com which shows intermittent problems in parts of Asia (it seems to always be red in Malaysia, sometimes red in India, etc. when I tried a few times just now). This does not typically happen with other domain names (e.g. “apple.com”).Your location (on your mobile provider) is connecting via a CloudFlare server that sees the equivalent of red.