Konosuke Updates

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
meesterleester

Re: Konosuke Updates

Post by meesterleester »

Did the white #1s ever come in?
fujiyama

Post by fujiyama »

270 W1 was available in new arrivals on July 31st. http://www.chefknivestogo.com/kofuwh1gy27.html

The 270 HD2 also became available. It was a lot more expensive than the Fuji... yet it is a "stamped" knife. :|
desol

Post by desol »

HD2 was always more affordable than Fujiyama series.
fujiyama

Post by fujiyama »

& Rightfully so.

So what happened?

Being a big Konosuke fan it's a bit disconcerting.
meesterleester

Post by meesterleester »

Supply and demand is how I see it. As a line cook, or professional is general, I see a lot more value in the practicality of the monosteel. Coupled with the fact that HD2 is a scarce proprietary product. We're also talking about a 270 HD with a newly released handle upgrade.
Omega

Post by Omega »

I believe part of it has to do with when the order was placed. The order for the 270s could be incredibly old, and Kosuke honors the price of when the order was placed. Notice the recent increase of the 240 HD2s to $300, from $269.

All of Konosuke's line has seen a gradual price increase over time as they've become more popular, but also as materials have gone up, AND as a decision to increase prices a bit to pay the craftsmen a bit more to keep them happy.

There was a post a while back, (maybe on the old forum?) where Mark said that prices were going to increase on a few things.. that they SHOULD have a while ago, but that the orders he had received up until that point had been placed pre-price increase, and that he had been honoring that on the site. So, while I don't know FOR SURE what caused this price discrepency between the 270 Fujis and the 270 HD2s, that's what would lead me to believe as I do
fujiyama

Post by fujiyama »

Thanks for the insight Omega. I forgot about the backordered prices being honoured by Kosuke & Mark. So we can expect the price of 270 W1 gyutos to increase in the future. A few people got a great deal on those Fujis!!

Meester, I have an opinion on these stock removals but I will resist. :D
desol

Post by desol »

HD is easier to maintain so it got popular. Still, a less classy knife, no doubt. I'm talking about 6-7 years ago, when they came out.
Inhuman

Post by Inhuman »

Those w#1 fujis went so fast . They were gorgeous . I refresh the new arrivals page a lot throughout the day on my phone , and by the time they even popped up they were out of stock
Inhuman

Post by Inhuman »

Mark, kosuke said he sent white Fuji and a few others , what were the others ??

Kosuke ,
What can we expect next ?! Inquiring minds want to know !
Kosuke

Post by Kosuke »

desol wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:49 pm Really like the new handles. Very nice...
Thank you so much!!
Kosuke

Post by Kosuke »

Cutuu wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:53 pm
mauichef wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:44 pm Those new Khii Studio handles are gorgeous. Especially the Ebony.
+1
Thank you!!
Kosuke

Post by Kosuke »

ChefKnivesToGo wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:51 pm Yes 210s and 240s. I'm not sure yet how many Kosuke has or the amount he wants to sell. I assume a few of each.
It takes long time to control the quality (especially saya) and to get the blades, so we can't produce many.

I'm so sorry..
Kosuke

Post by Kosuke »

meesterleester wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:12 pm Any other size Fujiyamas coming in?
I'm afraid no so plan far..
Kosuke

Post by Kosuke »

fujiyama wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:54 am Are we seeing a price fluctuation with Konosuke?

I noticed the 270 W1 gyuto listed $29 cheaper than the 270 W2 gyuto. I assumed it would be the opposite. Also, the W1 has an upgraded handle which should've bumped the price higher.. adding to my questioning.
Thank you for checking.

The reason is this..

W1 Gyuto was ordered by Mark several years ago, so we provided at the price before the price raising.

From next batch, all the blades will be provide at the current price.

I'm sorry let you confused.
Kosuke

Post by Kosuke »

Omega wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:26 pm I believe part of it has to do with when the order was placed. The order for the 270s could be incredibly old, and Kosuke honors the price of when the order was placed. Notice the recent increase of the 240 HD2s to $300, from $269.

All of Konosuke's line has seen a gradual price increase over time as they've become more popular, but also as materials have gone up, AND as a decision to increase prices a bit to pay the craftsmen a bit more to keep them happy.

There was a post a while back, (maybe on the old forum?) where Mark said that prices were going to increase on a few things.. that they SHOULD have a while ago, but that the orders he had received up until that point had been placed pre-price increase, and that he had been honoring that on the site. So, while I don't know FOR SURE what caused this price discrepency between the 270 Fujis and the 270 HD2s, that's what would lead me to believe as I do
Thank you for posting!

I'm not sure if I could fully understood your English or not, but I think you're correct.

After we decide the price increasing (because we want to pay more to the sharpener), I thought I've told Mark that we'll increase all the price even though the order is very old but I forgot to change the price of those W1 270 Gyutos.

(In anyway, we've been paying the higher fee to the sharpener than before, so don't worry about that)
Kosuke

Post by Kosuke »

Inhuman wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:42 pm Mark, kosuke said he sent white Fuji and a few others , what were the others ??

Kosuke ,
What can we expect next ?! Inquiring minds want to know !
I'm afraid we don't have any detailed plan so far as usual..

I'm explaining what's happening on Fujiyama blades soon.
desol

Post by desol »

I'm interested to hear what the news is...
Kosuke

Post by Kosuke »

fujiyama wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:25 am & Rightfully so.

So what happened?

Thank you for telling your honest impressions.
The situation is this..

<HD2>

We could reserve the "yearly faculty of HD2 production".

Before, we used to ask them to make each size each time but that makes them very difficult to control their plan of the production, so we changed.

Now we're asking them to do the certain amount.
(only the yearly quantity / no matter which shape and size)

It's much simpler for them, so we could get HD2s continually.

(asking them to proceed GT210 and GT240 mainly, but we should get other sizes occasionally as well)
Kosuke

Post by Kosuke »

fujiyama wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:25 am & Rightfully so.

So what happened?

<Fujiyama knives>

To tell the truth, we have plenty of half-finished stocks.
They are waiting to be sharpened.

The Fujiyama sharpener has over the last 15 years sharpened thousands of blades continually improving his technique and style, as well as training many new top blacksmith and sharpeners, he has reached the top level in sharpening and his technique, from such great focus for so many years he feels tired.

I'm so sorry for the inconvenience..

We'll keep thinking how to motivate him again.