Welcome To Chefknivestogo Forums! Introduce Yourself!

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
Gilly49

Re: Welcome To Chefknivestogo Forums!

Post by Gilly49 »

Hello to everyone.
Name is Gilly 49 & I have been the shadows for years.
Firstly thanks to Mark, Susan & all who make this site awesome. Secondly to all who have put your knowledge in the forums. Thanks.
I knew beforehand what knife I was looking for a santuko. Mostly fits what I do in the kitchen slice & dice. Found what fits my needs with Kanehide PS-60 Santuko.
Again thanks for the selection of knives, extras and forums !
Danzo

Post by Danzo »

Hello all. My name is Dan, I’ve been pretty active on KKF, still am but I’d like to join up here as well. I’ve been a professional cook but since having kids I had to give that up. Now I own and operate two small family grocery stores in Seattle, if any of you are up this way give me a shout. Like all you guys, I love those knives! And I do some handlework with my free time. If you’d like to see some work I’m currently posting here.
[URLtarget]https://www.chefknivestogoforums.com/vi ... 12&t=13316[/URLtarget]. Thanks for making this happen here Mark, you seem to have created a pretty positive atmosphere in an ocean of Internet negativity.
Andrixxx942

Post by Andrixxx942 »

Hello, i’m Andrea from italy
Banzai_Burrito

Post by Banzai_Burrito »

Bueno, names burrito.

Just happy to be here and look at rabbit hole of J-knives lol
Random

Post by Random »

Thanks for the Welcome!
tonycast

Post by tonycast »

Was on the old forum for a while, it's been too long since I got back here. Great to see things running well
Vouston

Post by Vouston »

I'm Paul, a long time forums lurker in Michigan, semi recetly created a profile, and just this weekend realized there was a introduction thread. Been a long time all things German (thanks to my German host dad) from knives to power tools to optics and more... But been slowly realizing the awesomeness of Jknifes, stones, and etc in the food world thanks to this forum and friends working in the industry. I am a home cook and have career as a professional musician who in highschool opted for music school over culinary school....After talking with different people from both professions at the time lead me to believe maybe the hours or lifestyle may have been a tad better - HA..... Anyways, love food, cooking, and fancy, sharp, pointy objects. Cheers everyone.
Danchamp

Post by Danchamp »

Deleted
Last edited by Danchamp on Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Danchamp

Post by Danchamp »

Hello to all!
My name is Dan. Been hanging out here for many years.
I’m just a home cook that loves Japanese knives.
I have 5 or 6 different knives, Takeda, Gesshin, M Carter ,Richmond AS and a few others.
Will be needing some advice and wanting to ask some questions so I decided it was time to join.
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

Hi Dan,

Welcome. :)

Mark
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/newarrivals.html
Danchamp

Post by Danchamp »

Hi Mark,
Thanks for the welcome and the help with the takeda decision.
Be on the lookout today for an email today about a Sasanoha 270.
Dan
timebard

Post by timebard »

Hi all,

My name's Tim. I'm on some of the other knife discussion boards but wanted to keep up with what's going on here as well. Not a pro, just a home cook who enjoys working with quality tools. In addition to slowly building up my collection I'm hoping to (at some point) try my hand at making and installing custom handles... one step at a time though!
pcavaliere

Post by pcavaliere »

Hi All, my name is Paul. I’m a home cook who lives in Toronto. Always wanted a Japanese knife. They are works of art and love that they are hand made. I have a very thin soft 8” chefs knife as my main knife for a long time. It was a hand me down and has no markings on it. Stainless steel with a western handle. Not much to look at but is a workhorse. I bought a Chan Chi Kee Chinese cleaver. Gorgeous cladding and laser thin. I’ve always had a curiosity for Japanese knives and am now finally going to dive in. Looking for a workhorse laser with good fit and finish.

I’m a passionate home cook. I do IT for a living bit always wanted to work in a professional kitchen.

Really like this forum and site. The knife reviews that Mark does are superb. Very professional and informative. Enjoying the posts and the forum.
Xuanfusion

Post by Xuanfusion »

Hi, all , I’m Xuan ,part time chef , been here for a while , just want to say hi to everyone ! And thanks to mark ! Satisfy with every worker that had made :)
ECUSteve

Post by ECUSteve »

Hey everyone, my name is Steve. I’m a home cook living on the coast of NC. I have had a passion cooking for a good while, but have only recently started using Japanese knives. Thanks for having me and looking forward to talking with you all!
jknife

Post by jknife »

Hi everyone my name is John and I am located on a lake two hours north of Toronto. I have been sharpening my western knives for ten years or so but have only recently become and covert to all things Japanese and sharp. One of the main reasons I have decided to jump in is to thank all of you for sharing your knowledge. Who would have thought that a bunch of people with so many razor sharp knives would be so kind. :lol:
The pig is a magical animal. It takes vegetables and turns them into bacon.
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

Jump right in and join the party John, welcome to the forum!
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
martine

Post by martine »

Hi everyone, Martin here. I've lurked on this forum for about 4 years without posting (I never felt I had enough expertise....) and benefitted so much from members who gave their time and shared their expertise and passion. I've gradually replaced an odd assortment of Western knives and Miyabi with Japanese steel: Masakage Yuki and Koishi, Gihei Blue #2, Kato VG10. Really changed my perception of what a knife could do. Next up is probably a 240mm gyuto, since my current ones max out at 210. And perhaps a custom handle? I've made custom handles/scales for smaller folding knives but never for kitchen knives.
kpham12

Post by kpham12 »

Hi, Kevin here. Been working in a kitchen for a few years and used cheap stainless beater knives until a friend got me into japanese knives. The difference is like night and day and this forum is really helpful with doing research so I can really find the knives to suit my needs.
Boots

Post by Boots »

Hello all, Mark directed me to the forum. I have been collecting and sharpening Japanese knives off and on for somewhere between 10-15 years now. Still very much learning. Good to be here.