Welcome To Chefknivestogo Forums! Introduce Yourself!

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
Tom7out

Re: Welcome To Chefknivestogo Forums!

Post by Tom7out »

OK. So I thought it was fast just clicking around, but I had no idea how fast until I hit post and it was instant.

Great upgrade Mark.
SGAdmin

Post by SGAdmin »

Got you set up Tom. It's a 3 post minimum for newly registered users to PM on the new site, but I just turned that feature off for now while we transition.
Tom7out

Post by Tom7out »

Thanks. You guys sure are working quick to get this up and running with a smooth transition.

Great job so far.
slobound

Post by slobound »

SteveG wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:25 pm @slobound, we'll explore Tapatalk after we get through this initial roll out and migration. I'm doing some research, but tell me what you like about Tapatalk. I've never used it myself.
Completely understand getting the initial roll out first and foremost. I mention Tapatalk because I belong to other hobbiest forums as well. Tapatalk allows me to "log in" to each of these forums in a single app and reply to said forum without being on your internet browser. I find it incredibly convenient to keep in contact with new messages/topics as I adjust the subscriptions that I'm interested in. You can also set up notifications through Tapatalk to alert you for PM's or new responses.

That being said... it's also a major time suck because it's one more thing to check after Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and other social media. Lord knows, I need more forums to monitor 😜
-- Garrick
SteveG

Post by SteveG »

Thanks for the info Garrick. I've got a development phpBB CKTG forum set up for testing stuff like this. We've had a few inquiries about implementing Tapatalk on the old forum site.

How much more time did we have before the Internet, email, social media, smartphone, cable/satellite TV, NetFlix, etc. :(
slobound

Post by slobound »

SteveG wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:12 am Thanks for the info Garrick. I've got a development phpBB CKTG forum set up for testing stuff like this. We've had a few inquiries about implementing Tapatalk on the old forum site.

How much more time did we have before the Internet, email, social media, smartphone, cable/satellite TV, NetFlix, etc. :(
That's wonderful news about the phpBB testing environment! At the very least, it's worth some exploration to see if it would be worthwhile to implement in the future.

I, for one, know my time is zapped with all this "technology" that was supposed to make life easier. What happened to jumping on my bike and riding down the block to play with all the neighborhood kids?
-- Garrick
Kit Craft

Post by Kit Craft »

SteveG wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:12 am Thanks for the info Garrick. I've got a development phpBB CKTG forum set up for testing stuff like this. We've had a few inquiries about implementing Tapatalk on the old forum site.

Meh, no more time. People just wasted their time differently. We humans seem to be quite good at wasting our time. However, the internet and tech in general does seem to be quite infectious.
Jaxson

Post by Jaxson »

Hello, New member. Hope this is posted in the correct place. Long time lurker that has learned a tremendous amount on this forum. Got into J knives about a year ago. Have purchased some very nice knives and sharpening supplies from Mark. Still using my Edgepro Pro. I haven't worked up the nerve to put my knives to the hand sharpening stones. The old fingers and muscles don't work like they used to. I will attempt to post what I hope might be a useful suggestion shortly. Ray (My dog's name is Jaxson).
SteveG

Post by SteveG »

Welcome aboard Ray.
ken123

Post by ken123 »

Steve, Thanks for all your hard work getting this together - and your patience as I tried to break the test forum in so many ways! Good Work!!

---
Ken
cedarhouse

Post by cedarhouse »

I'm still here El Guapo!
atang

Post by atang »

Thank you!
TommyB

Post by TommyB »

Mark - I'm re-registered on the new site, but changed to a different (and hopefully better) username. Now I am trying to post something for sale and am getting the message that I don't have the requisite number of posts. So am I starting from scratch at this point, or can we "get credit" for posts under the old system?
Tom
STPepper9

Post by STPepper9 »

cedarhouse wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:21 pm I'm still here El Guapo!
Would you say you have a plethora of knife reviews Ryan?
cedarhouse

Post by cedarhouse »

Could it be that once again you are angry at something else and looking to take it out on me?
STPepper9

Post by STPepper9 »

I would not like to think that a person would tell someone he has a plethora of reviews, and then find out that that person has no idea what it means to have a plethora.
SteveG

Post by SteveG »

Mark, I took care of TommyB, aka Tpbrewton.
desol

Post by desol »

The ad's WILL NOT be missed. :)
Marc4pt0

Post by Marc4pt0 »

Hey guys, it's been a little bit since I've been back here. Old user name was Luke but I couldn't log in anymore so I had to re-register. Looks like I lost my post count and will have to start over again. No worries, and hopefully soon I can start posting in the classifieds thread again.

New forum looks great!
SteveG

Post by SteveG »

Luke, I'll update your post count for you.