Show us your new knife!

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
nakneker

Re: Show us your new knife!

Post by nakneker »

Sexy sexy sexy. A friend just sold me his FT in white, now I wanna get the Blue too. Your on a roll dude.
“The goal is to die with memories, not dreams.”
mauichef

Post by mauichef »

nakneker wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:12 pm Sexy sexy sexy. A friend just sold me his FT in white, now I wanna get the Blue too. Your on a roll dude.
Nice one Steve.
Damn it Sean.....Did not know they were doing them that way. And who exactly is on a roll :mrgreen:
nakneker

Post by nakneker »

mauichef wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:20 pm
nakneker wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:12 pm Sexy sexy sexy. A friend just sold me his FT in white, now I wanna get the Blue too. Your on a roll dude.
Nice one Steve.
Damn it Sean.....Did not know they were doing them that way. And who exactly is on a roll :mrgreen:
We’re addicts Ray. First step is to admit it...
“The goal is to die with memories, not dreams.”
pd7077

Post by pd7077 »

nakneker wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 10:30 pm We’re addicts Ray. First step is to admit it...
Ain’t that the truth!!!

The FT is gorgeous, but I don’t know if it’s for me. The dimensions and profile are perfect, but I’m still not sure if I’ll get along with the weight and grind. Only time will tell.
--- Steve
Marc4pt0

Post by Marc4pt0 »

Just received this yesterday, and I'm already quite impressed.

Konosuke Fujiyama FT B2 240MM:
Attachments
Screenshot_20190220-080316_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190220-080433_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190220-080411_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20190220-080306_Gallery.jpg
Mac4k

Post by Mac4k »

Marc, I think you got a very good copy of the FT. The Clading line looks similar on both side. My white FT looks ok but some I’ve seen where the clad line is really high near the spine and the other side is low near the edge.
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

You guys have got to quit showing those damn FTs or I might have to buy one!
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
Mac4k

Post by Mac4k »

Jeff B wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:58 pm You guys have got to quit showing those damn FTs or I might have to buy one!
I am sure you already know. There is blue FT for sale right now
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

Mac4k wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:17 pm
Jeff B wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:58 pm You guys have got to quit showing those damn FTs or I might have to buy one!
I am sure you already know. There is blue FT for sale right now
Stop it! :evil:
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
inzite

Post by inzite »

Middle one came home finally and we are at a trio now! 4th one coming home soon for a quad!

Takeda Classic Small Cleaver
- 210x110mm with a very useful extremely slight belly
- 4mm at handle and 1.5mm at tip
- impressive forged hollow
- crazy light weight

Kalaeb

Post by Kalaeb »

Wow, great knife. That one is still on my bucket list...and a good looking handle, awesome.
inzite

Post by inzite »

Kalaeb wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:20 am Wow, great knife. That one is still on my bucket list...and a good looking handle, awesome.
:D handle is brass with black hornbeam
Corradobrit

Post by Corradobrit »

Planning to go into the cleaver juggling business. ouch
Core steel on the other two?
inzite

Post by inzite »

Corradobrit wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:39 am Planning to go into the cleaver juggling business. ouch
Core steel on the other two?
haha denka blue super and blue 2. The Mizuno blue 2 is quite something, it takes a very very keen edge.
Kalaeb

Post by Kalaeb »

Inzite, any chance of some better pics of the handle on the takeda?
Runner_up

Post by Runner_up »

Super thrilled with my Teruyasu Fujiwara. I have wanted to try one of his blades for a very long time, but hesitated due to the mixed things you read online. Finally broke down and ordered direct from them. They shipped on the 13th, I had it on the 15th. I don't even understand how that is possible. The most well packaged knife I have ever received. Lots of personal touch and the knife box was gift wrapped. I love his distinctive machi, so opted for the sans finger-choil model. Knife is rustic, but is finished well on the spine and choil. Handle suits me well and there is no gap at ferrule. Knife is not installed super strait in the handle, but whatever.

The steel really is all that and a bag of chips. I might post a longer review elsewhere. This knife baffles me - I just don't understand how it is such a good performer.
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

Runner_up wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:41 pm Super thrilled with my Teruyasu Fujiwara. I have wanted to try one of his blades for a very long time, but hesitated due to the mixed things you read online. Finally broke down and ordered direct from them. They shipped on the 13th, I had it on the 15th. I don't even understand how that is possible. The most well packaged knife I have ever received. Lots of personal touch and the knife box was gift wrapped. I love his distinctive machi, so opted for the sans finger-choil model. Knife is rustic, but is finished well on the spine and choil. Handle suits me well and there is no gap at ferrule. Knife is not installed super strait in the handle, but whatever.

The steel really is all that and a bag of chips. I might post a longer review elsewhere. This knife baffles me - I just don't understand how it is such a good performer.
Nice! But I have to say that most TF owners will cringe when they hear "a bag of chips" in the steel description. :D
Runner_up

Post by Runner_up »

Jeff B wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:51 pm
Runner_up wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:41 pm Super thrilled with my Teruyasu Fujiwara. I have wanted to try one of his blades for a very long time, but hesitated due to the mixed things you read online. Finally broke down and ordered direct from them. They shipped on the 13th, I had it on the 15th. I don't even understand how that is possible. The most well packaged knife I have ever received. Lots of personal touch and the knife box was gift wrapped. I love his distinctive machi, so opted for the sans finger-choil model. Knife is rustic, but is finished well on the spine and choil. Handle suits me well and there is no gap at ferrule. Knife is not installed super strait in the handle, but whatever.

Nice! But I have to say that most TF owners will cringe when they hear "a bag of chips" in the steel description. :D
Lol :D

I have read about the chips folks have experienced. This knife went strait to work in a professional environment, definitely not babied, and I have had no problems. Has now seen the stones a few times and is a joy to sharpen. The blade is very well forged and the steel feels "alive".
Corradobrit

Post by Corradobrit »

Jeff B wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:51 pm a bag of chips
Took me a moment to get that. LOL
I few mins on the stones gets a new blade past that fragility.

'Alive' that's a great way to describe how it feels on the board. My TF's never fail to impress me.
gladius

Post by gladius »

Corradobrit wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:03 pm 'Alive' that's a great way to describe how it feels on the board. My TF's never fail to impress me.
---
It's the hand of the swordsmith!