Show us your new knife!

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
Jeff B

Re: Show us your new knife!

Post by Jeff B »

Those stands are too cool!
Last edited by Jeff B on Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

Wanted a tall stout 165mm petty on a restrained budget so I went with the Gihei for it's value.
This thing is like a mini-gyuto!
20180615_181459.jpg
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
Lufty13

Post by Lufty13 »

pd7077 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:13 pm I posted this knife earlier this week, but I needed a model to show off the new knife stand that arrived today courtesy of Duy. This is definitely gonna be the centerpiece on my countertop! Maybe you guys can convince Duy to bring a few slabs of marble to the show in September :lol:

I'm absolutely fascinated by those stands. So cool looking.
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

pd7077 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:13 pm I posted this knife earlier this week, but I needed a model to show off the new knife stand that arrived today courtesy of Duy. This is definitely gonna be the centerpiece on my countertop! Maybe you guys can convince Duy to bring a few slabs of marble to the show in September :lol:

That is awesome!
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
https://www.chefknivestogo.com/newarrivals.html
ChipB

Post by ChipB »

If I were Anthony Michael Hall, this would be Kelly LeBrock:
Attachments
TG1.jpeg
TG2.jpeg
TG3.jpeg
mauichef

Post by mauichef »

You got yours already!
Oh baby 😍
AlbuquerqueDan

Post by AlbuquerqueDan »

ChipB wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:34 pm If I were Anthony Michael Hall, this would be Kelly LeBrock:
Looks absolutely perfect. What is it?
Inhuman

Post by Inhuman »

ChipB wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:34 pm If I were Anthony Michael Hall, this would be Kelly LeBrock:
Wow . Mic drop of the year !

Dude , that is a masterpiece . We need demand more/better pictures ! Please !!!
MisoSatisfried

Post by MisoSatisfried »

She's a beauty Chip!
I'm Dave. I don't take myself too seriously and you probably shouldn't either.
chefDpham

Post by chefDpham »

Lufty13 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:56 pm

I'm absolutely fascinated by those stands. So cool looking.
I can bring a demo one to the show and if i get orders from anyone that"s going to the show I can bring them with me but they"re not light, rather not carry a bag of rocks. lol
Check out my collection and my work on Instagram d.phamblades
Andreu

Post by Andreu »

Nice knife stand, Steve. Way to show off your Kato.
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

I was there when Tanaka San and Morimoto San signed that paper for the knives. I would love it if they kept doing that for the unique pieces they're doing.
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

Steve, can you hook me up with the guy that made that holder? I want to talk with him...
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
Runner_up

Post by Runner_up »

Takeda 240mm Classic Kiritsuke. This is my first Takeda, although years back I got to use a sujihiki that belonged to my sous chef at the time. To be honest, this was kind of an impulse buy and I wasn't too sure what to expect. I have read much on other forums about some inconsistencies and other issues, and wondered if I would love this knife.

Wow :o

It's awesome. No wedging, takes a scary edge that sticks in my board. I was shocked when I put it on the scale after a week or so of using it and seeing that it was my heaviest gyuto at 7.3 oz. It is even heavier than my Yoshimune, which feels like a brick. How is this knife so nimble and light feeling? What kind of sorcery is this? Now I understand the Takeda magic. Great distal taper. So, so easy to sharpen and strop as well. Fantastic handle - I love the epoxy sealing. And yes - I have never experienced food release like this before.

pd7077

Post by pd7077 »

ChefKnivesToGo wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:19 am Steve, can you hook me up with the guy that made that holder? I want to talk with him...
Mark, PM or email? I’ll send you his info 👍🏻
--- Steve
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

Thanks Steve,

Always email for me. It’s way easier for me to save them and look them back up.
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
ChefKnivesToGo
Site Admin

Post by ChefKnivesToGo »

Runner_up wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:22 am Takeda 240mm Classic Kiritsuke. This is my first Takeda, although years back I got to use a sujihiki that belonged to my sous chef at the time. To be honest, this was kind of an impulse buy and I wasn't too sure what to expect. I have read much on other forums about some inconsistencies and other issues, and wondered if I would love this knife.

It's awesome. No wedging, takes a scary edge that sticks in my board. I was shocked when I put it on the scale after a week or so of using it and seeing that it was my heaviest gyuto at 7.3 oz. It is even heavier than my Yoshimune, which feels like a brick. How is this knife so nimble and light feeling? What kind of sorcery is this? Now I understand the Takeda magic. Great distal taper. So, so easy to sharpen and strop as well. Fantastic handle - I love the epoxy sealing. And yes - I have never experienced food release like this before.

For whatever reason I can get his knives sharper than any other line we carry. They cut fantastically well.
Mark Richmond
Co-Owner Chefknivestogo
b11lf

Post by b11lf »

Runner_up wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:22 am Takeda 240mm Classic Kiritsuke. This is my first Takeda, although years back I got to use a sujihiki that belonged to my sous chef at the time. To be honest, this was kind of an impulse buy and I wasn't too sure what to expect. I have read much on other forums about some inconsistencies and other issues, and wondered if I would love this knife.

DROOL
Chefspence

Post by Chefspence »

ChefKnivesToGo wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:39 pm

For whatever reason I can get his knives sharper than any other line we carry. They cut fantastically well.
I just sharpened mine for the first time before I sold it and I was very happy with the results, as was the buyer. Even gave me a compliment.
ButlerHoosierChef

Post by ButlerHoosierChef »

What knife is this?