CKTG Forum in Canada

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
salemj

CKTG Forum in Canada

Post by salemj »

Hey Members,

I have trouble keeping track of who is where on the forum, and it seems as if not many people list location. I often find myself missing the ability to easily pass around knives and such with members since moving north. I thought starting a threat inviting Canadians to identify themselves might provide a jump-start to a little more of that kind of action up here, even with the higher domestic shipping costs and longer distances of travel.

So, I'm on Vancouver Island currently. Anyone else up in Canada and active on the forum?
~J

Comments: I'm short, a home cook, prefer lighter, thinner blades, and have tried dozens of brands over the years.
Kalaeb

Re: CKTG Forum in Canada

Post by Kalaeb »

You can edit your profile so it lists location. I wish more members would use the function. Nice to see if there are ever people near by.
salemj

Post by salemj »

Huh. I just noticed mine doesn't. I know it used too...Thanks, Kalaeb.
~J

Comments: I'm short, a home cook, prefer lighter, thinner blades, and have tried dozens of brands over the years.
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

Kalaeb wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:53 am You can edit your profile so it lists location. I wish more members would use the function. Nice to see if there are ever people near by.
Not listing a location has always been a pet peeve of mine! No one is asking for your home address but at least knowing the state your in, or country if outside the US, is helpful sometimes.
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
Kit Craft

Post by Kit Craft »

I think it might be quicker for me to drive a knife to Canada than ship it. Sadly, probably cheaper too...lol. Okay so not really but yeah... :P

Anyway, my profile has my location listed so I assume this post will as well but we shall see.

Edit: yep, it is there.
Famine

Post by Famine »

Profile edited.

Alberta, Canada here.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Vancouver, BC
Ut_ron

Post by Ut_ron »

Whew had my location in my profile ogden, Utah
Home cook that enjoys sharp knives.
Barashka

Post by Barashka »

I wish I was still living in Vancouver, best city on earth, but alas, updated location to Chicago.
edit: i'm not in any passaround yet :p
Kit Craft

Post by Kit Craft »

Barashka wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:56 pm I wish I was still living in Vancouver, best city on earth, but alas, updated location to Chicago.
Understand the feeling but about a different location. Not one but a general area. Why I ever moved back to this hell hole from where I was before, Costa Blanca Spain, I don't know. There was a screw loose in my head or something. Back here in Pa we have crappy weather and nothing to do... :lol:
Barashka

Post by Barashka »

Kit Craft wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:23 pm
Barashka wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 6:56 pm I wish I was still living in Vancouver, best city on earth, but alas, updated location to Chicago.
Understand the feeling but about a different location. Not one but a general area. Why I ever moved back to this hell hole from where I was before, Costa Blanca Spain, I don't know. There was a screw loose in my head or something. Back here in Pa we have crappy weather and nothing to do... :lol:
Plenty of time to sharpen knives :p ... winters are long here too ...
Kit Craft

Post by Kit Craft »

Barashka wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:40 pm
Plenty of time to sharpen knives there too, on my balcony overlooking the damn ocean ... :lol:
Ut_ron

Post by Ut_ron »

[/quote]

Plenty of time to sharpen knives there too, on my balcony overlooking the damn ocean ... :lol:
[/quote]

But then you would be complaining about how hard it is to get knives and stones. Plus added cost. :lol:

But sharpening on a blaconey over looking the ocean does sound great 👍.
Home cook that enjoys sharp knives.
salemj

Post by salemj »

You know Kit, the paella pan finally makes sense...Haha. I failed to put 2+2 together until now.
~J

Kit Craft

Post by Kit Craft »

salemj wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:00 am You know Kit, the paella pan finally makes sense...Haha. I failed to put 2+2 together until now.
Lol. I couldn't live without it. Though it is not a great one. I got it from paella pans dot com. It works but I will replace it with something a wee bit thicker. (Less warping.) We had a set of really good ones in our family country house over there, well, we still do but I can use them, obviously. Ranging fro 2 person to 30 person pans. :mrgreen: Can only cook on gas up to the 14 person pan though! It is fire after that. My mother in-law says it is 'arrocito' if it is cooked on gas anyway...Valencians, you know? ;)
inzite

Post by inzite »

toronto here :D
salemj

Post by salemj »

^^^Nice. Lucky you!
~J

STPepper9

Post by STPepper9 »

Barashka wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:40 pm
Are you downtown, outskirts or burbs?
Barashka

Post by Barashka »

STPepper9 wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:22 am Are you downtown, outskirts or burbs?
I work downtown, live a little further out.
Used to live downtown, but for the rent price difference, I think, I can get a good knife instead :P
DonnieFi

Post by DonnieFi »

Halifax, Nova Scotia here. Closer to WI than Vancouver Island....