Knives and watches

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
Jeff B

Re: Knives and watches

Post by Jeff B »

For some reason I don't feel like my Timex Indiglo just wouldn't fit here.... :?
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
snipes

Post by snipes »

Great watch pics guys, but I'd love to see some original pictures with actual knives in them. I have several scenes in my mind, just have to setup the gear to shoot it. Hopefully this week.
snipes

Post by snipes »

Jeff B wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:24 pm For some reason I don't feel like my Timex Indiglo just wouldn't fit here.... :?
Of course it would Jeff, post it up. It's not about how much a watch costs, but about the appreciation of the timepiece. The coolest watch I have (well that might be pushing it, maybe most fun) is my most inexpensive and I freakin love it.
Kalaeb

Post by Kalaeb »

snipes wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:58 pm Great watch pics guys, but I'd love to see some original pictures with actual knives in them. I have several scenes in my mind, just have to setup the gear to shoot it. Hopefully this week.
Trying to figure out a scene is surprisingly difficult.
Drewski

Post by Drewski »

snipes wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:01 pm
Jeff B wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:24 pm For some reason I don't feel like my Timex Indiglo just wouldn't fit here.... :?
Of course it would Jeff, post it up. It's not about how much a watch costs, but about the appreciation of the timepiece. The coolest watch I have (well that might be pushing it, maybe most fun) is my most inexpensive and I freakin love it.
Calculator watch?
snipes

Post by snipes »

Drewski wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:58 pm
snipes wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:01 pm
Calculator watch?
You are on the right track and family. Much sweeter though.
snipes

Post by snipes »

Slow day at the plant this afternoon. Here are a couple in my collection. The first one is my current EDC setup, the watch is a Tudor North Flag with custom strap. In the pocket you'll find a Benchmade Impel auto. I've had the Tudor probably two years and I love it. Ultimate legibility and top shelf accuracy coupled with the yellow second hand and power reserve indicator give it just enough flash to keep it from being boring.

The Tudor and Benchmade replaced this combo as my previous EDC setup. The Seamaster is sporting her blue rubber shoes for summer. She was my daily companion for about a decade and travelled to five different continents with me. Nowadays it's my go to wear anywhere and not care about it getting beat up watch. The Benchmade Mini Griptilian needs no introduction. An excellent knife, but simply too heavy and bulky for slacks most days.

I have a few more that I'll work on pictures. I have a Fujiyama and T-F in mind for the next two combos.
Lepus

Post by Lepus »

Well, since this has the attention of some well informed people, where do you guys go for straps?
snipes

Post by snipes »

Depends on what you are looking for Lepus. We seem to be in a golden age of aftermarket straps. I'm an Amazon fan for generic rubber straps. It's hard to beat Blushark for Nato style straps and full custom I use a guy named Aaron at Combat Straps. There are loads of options out there.
Kalaeb

Post by Kalaeb »

Lepus wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:02 pm Well, since this has the attention of some well informed people, where do you guys go for straps?
I use these guys: https://www.clockworksynergy.com/shop/p ... tch-bands/

They have a good selection and a wide variety if sizes.
Lepus

Post by Lepus »

I should not have asked. I checked out those websites and even bands are an awful, awful hole. I think with two or three bands and one watch I'm good for my current lifestyle, but this could get bad real quick. Ordered a Clockwork Synergy band off Amazon to see how I like it; we'll see where this goes. Blushark has a 5 for 3 deal I'm scared I'll need to make use of.
ashy2classy

Post by ashy2classy »

Lepus wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:02 pm Well, since this has the attention of some well informed people, where do you guys go for straps?
Bulang & Sons http://www.bulangandsons.com
Crown & Buckle https://www.crownandbuckle.com/

Lots more out there...
pd7077

Post by pd7077 »

John Glance of Dangerous9Straps does really nice work: http://dangerous9straps.blogspot.com/?m=1
--- Steve
Corradobrit

Post by Corradobrit »

My small collection consists of a JLC Geophysic with an unusual deadbeat movement, a JLC Master Control Sector dial chronograph and a Ginault Ocean Rover (USA made Rolex homage) for a daily beater.
Attachments
IMG_1761.JPG
IMG_1834.JPG
t3chi3

Post by t3chi3 »

IMG_0834.jpg
ashy2classy

Post by ashy2classy »

I'm sh*t with manually putting together compositions, but here's an attempt. Not happy, but I tried to salvage one of the shots I took to share.

Seiko Sarb035
snipes

Post by snipes »

t3chi3 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:47 amIMG_0834.jpg
T3chi3,
I appreciate and applaud the variety in your collection. It looks very well thought out. Can you tell me more about the knife and the wrist watch on the far right?
lsboogy

Post by lsboogy »

And here I thought I was the only one with a watch collection (fountain pens, knives, cars as well). If I could figure out how to post pics it would be good. I love breitlings (have 1 of 100 white gold colts ever made - 1998 - wear it every day). Best watch I own is a Roth that I bought at an estate sale for $200 - sticker on it was over $90K in 2002. Sits in safe deposit box alongside some chronoswiss items and a couple Rolex Daytona's. love the precision instruments - just wish I was good enough for them
t3chi3

Post by t3chi3 »

snipes wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:45 am
t3chi3 wrote: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:47 amIMG_0834.jpg
T3chi3,
I appreciate and applaud the variety in your collection. It looks very well thought out. Can you tell me more about the knife and the wrist watch on the far right?
Thanks. The knife is https://www.chefknivestogo.com/ki27kibl2ro.html

The watch you are asking about is the Helson Skindiver. I wanted a sporty automatic watch I didn't need to be too careful with for <1000. IMO it's a great looking watch too.

The look has changed since I bought and I guess the price has gone up. https://helsonwatches.com/shop.php#!/He ... ort=normal
t3chi3

Post by t3chi3 »

lsboogy wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:02 pm And here I thought I was the only one with a watch collection (fountain pens, knives, cars as well). If I could figure out how to post pics it would be good. I love breitlings (have 1 of 100 white gold colts ever made - 1998 - wear it every day). Best watch I own is a Roth that I bought at an estate sale for $200 - sticker on it was over $90K in 2002. Sits in safe deposit box alongside some chronoswiss items and a couple Rolex Daytona's. love the precision instruments - just wish I was good enough for them
We should do cars next :)