Saya for a Tanaka Sekiso 210mm

For questions/topics that don't fit into the other, more specific forums.
Joshigon

Saya for a Tanaka Sekiso 210mm

Post by Joshigon »

New forum member, friedrice, wanted a custom saya for his Tanaka. The knife already had a beautiful custom handle made from ebony with a buffalo horn ferrule. He wanted the saya to match the handle and he let me choose the wood. I went with a beautiful piece of Wenge. Thanks Ryan for the opportunity. I hope you enjoy.

Thanks for looking,
Josh Cooper
thegingerninja.abq

Re: Saya for a Tanaka Sekiso 210mm

Post by thegingerninja.abq »

Nice combo! Looking good Josh!
cjmeik

Post by cjmeik »

Very nice looking! Who did the handle?
friedrice

Post by friedrice »

Wow, that looks great! Can't wait to get my hands on it. cjmeik, the (custom) handle was already on the knife when I got it. I believe you have some Tanakas right? I'd ask Josh or one of the other woodworkers here to do a custom handle for me if I didn't already have one.
friedrice

Post by friedrice »

The UPS guy just dropped of the saya, and the photos don't do it justice. Kind of false advertising but in a good way (the final product was better in person). I stood in my kitchen for a good five minutes just rubbing my hands over the saya, what is wrong with me? In addition to the visual beauty of the wood, it was unexpectedly luxurious to the touch. This forum is probably the only place anyone could ever wax poetic over a knife guard and if any of you bring this post up at a dinner party I'll deny it. Anyway, Josh, you really delivered. Thanks.
slobound

Post by slobound »

friedrice wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:55 am The UPS guy just dropped of the saya, and the photos don't do it justice. Kind of false advertising but in a good way (the final product was better in person). I stood in my kitchen for a good five minutes just rubbing my hands over the saya, what is wrong with me? In addition to the visual beauty of the wood, it was unexpectedly luxurious to the touch. This forum is probably the only place anyone could ever wax poetic over a knife guard and if any of you bring this post up at a dinner party I'll deny it. Anyway, Josh, you really delivered. Thanks.
Hahaha, I love this! Deny deny deny...

That is a great saya though!
-- Garrick
RonAZ

Post by RonAZ »

Great looking saya, matches the handle really well.