Sharpening School

Videos, Articles and Musings on Knife and Tool Sharpening
Peter Nowlan

Sharpening School

Post by Peter Nowlan »

http://www.knifeplanet.net/knife-sharpe ... ne-course/

This is the first in a series of videos and articles all related to knife sharpening, it will move along hopefully at a pace allows anyone who is following to move along with the content. Jon Broida is going to be involved soon and we will do them together with Knifeplanet doing the editing and hard stuff.

Nobody involved is making a profit of any type except personal satisfaction. If you don't like the content, you don't have to come to school.
halfdana

Re: Sharpening School

Post by halfdana »

I'm real excited to see what you and Jon can concoct in unison :)

First article was well written as always, and I'm looking forward to when you get into the more advanced aspects.

Thanks for all the hours and work you put into this!
-Halfdan
Peter Nowlan

Re: Sharpening School Lesson TWO

Post by Peter Nowlan »

http://www.knifeplanet.net/lesson-2-sha ... damentals/

The next video and article has been published on Knifeplanet. This represents about two months of work with the article taking up 90% of that time. Jon Broida played a significant role in that part.
GratefulChef72

Post by GratefulChef72 »

Hi there!
New to the forum but on my second knife from CKTG. I recently purchased a Tojiro Yaganiba 240 mm & a combo 1000/3000 Cerax stone. I was hoping there might be a thread here on proper sharpening of this particular knife type.
Thanks in advance

Tony
oldjoeclarke

Post by oldjoeclarke »

Always great to watch these again as they are so full of good information. The statement "I am the only person in the world right now" by Mr Nowlan is fantastic advice, turn off the radio, Tv and all that stuff that causes distraction and become better at what you do with the massive help of these tutorials. Good job...