Ideal traveling kit

If you have questions about sharpening products, steels or techniques post them here.
jbart65

Re: Ideal traveling kit

Post by jbart65 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:47 pm

Yeah, but it’s mix and match. I won’t bring everything all the time. And the Nuba I’ll use for sharpening the knives of those who live around me.

When I visit my brother in Charleston, I’ll bring the 4K because I gifted him a Tetsuhiro AS. But my sister in Boston has German knives and a Vic that i gifted her. No need for anything over 1-2k.

Funny. I - we -spend the money on stones to sharpen other people’s knives. Both altruistic and selfish. We want to spread the gospel of sharp knives and do favors for friends and family ... but we also want practice and muscle memory too! (-:
Jeffry B

nakneker

Post by nakneker » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:19 pm

jbart65 wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:47 pm

Funny. I - we -spend the money on stones to sharpen other people’s knives. Both altruistic and selfish. We want to spread the gospel of sharp knives and do favors for friends and family ... but we also want practice and muscle memory too! (-:
Absolutely! Some of the best therapy is my stone time, very enjoyable.
“The goal is to die with memories, not dreams.”

Jeff B

Post by Jeff B » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:10 pm

I sharpen more for family and friends than I do for myself... :?
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.

Ut_ron

Post by Ut_ron » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:49 am

Jeff B wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:10 pm
I sharpen more for family and friends than I do for myself... :?
Once they saw how sharp my knives were, the request came to sharpen theirs 😀.

My knives just need a touch up. Oh boy not true on my tigers knives. Takes significantly longer but I do enjoy it and love their expressions when they use them.
Home cook that enjoys sharp knives.