New diamond stones

If you have questions about sharpening products, steels or techniques post them here.
nakneker

New diamond stones

Post by nakneker »

I pulled these off an auction site, they were new in the box. They seem to be high quality, made and finished really nice. The diamond pad is attached to a nicely machined aluminum block. One stone is a combo, 1k on one side and 3k on the other. The other stone is one sided, a 6k. They were listed as diamond stones and they have a really nice feel to them, I’m impressed with these. I finished a couple knives with the 6k which left a great edge with just a bit of tooth. Ripe tomatoes were no match.

Any of you know what make these stones are or what kind of diamond stones they are? I’ve never seen them before.
D3AD8000-6D32-4497-887B-94F055403249.jpeg
C704702E-E324-4610-86EF-B03BD20D5ACB.jpeg
DB0CAA50-20DF-4AAF-9A8D-BB6738FA2362.jpeg
53D7FBD3-5C55-49F8-980E-676490B754ED.jpeg
“The goal is to die with memories, not dreams.”
Kalaeb

Re: New diamond stones

Post by Kalaeb »

Good grief, I am tired And staying up too late stressing...I read Niel Diamond stoned and had to see what that was about.

I don't know anything about the stones, but JBroida sells something similar that are my go-to. I will often strop on the 6k diamond for some bite.
nakneker

Post by nakneker »

Kalaeb wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:59 pm Good grief, I am tired And staying up too late stressing...I read Niel Diamond stoned and had to see what that was about.

I don't know anything about the stones, but JBroida sells something similar that are my go-to. I will often strop on the 6k diamond for some bite.
I’ve two others tell me the same thing. I looked at those stones, they look like quality products.
Jeff B

Post by Jeff B »

nakneker wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:23 pm
Kalaeb wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:59 pm Good grief, I am tired And staying up too late stressing...I read Niel Diamond stoned and had to see what that was about.

I’ve two others tell me the same thing. I looked at those stones, they look like quality products.
Tell you that Neil Diamond was stoned or that JBroida sells similar stones? :D
If God wanted me to be a vegetarian he wouldn't have made animals taste so good.
nakneker

Post by nakneker »

Jeff B wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:49 pm
nakneker wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:23 pm

Tell you that Neil Diamond was stoned or that JBroida sells similar stones? :D
Sometimes my wording makes me looked stoned. :(
Kalaeb

Post by Kalaeb »

It looks to be very similar to the JKI stones, not in any way suggesting it is, just looks similar, about the same thickness/color:

As a side note, my 6k loads up fairly quick. I have a small cleaning stone I use between blades that really improves the performance.
nakneker

Post by nakneker »

Kalaeb wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 4:22 pm It looks to be very similar to the JKI stones, not in any way suggesting it is, just looks similar, about the same thickness/color:

As a side note, my 6k loads up fairly quick. I have a small cleaning stone I use between blades that really improves the performance.
What stone do you use to clean those with Kalaeb? I was wondering myself. How long have you had those stones and how do you like it/them. Do you have just the 6k or do you have the 1k too?